PDA

View Full Version : Best reels of string for customers..

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
K...So here's my equipment that I have to start a little stringing buisness:
- Gamma x-2 ( 1 racquet per 25-30 min)
- $100 for string
I want to know string that all customers like what reels are good and will be wanted by all...polys..multi,...synthetic..etc and some helpful buisness hints would be good....so well thats about it...thanks guys any advice would be good!

nickb
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
If you do a search this has been discussed many times. There is a thread on it right now (1st page of this forum section).

Nick

jcstennis
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
that's not bad stringing a racquet in 25 minutes in an X-2... way to go!

Nuke
04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Go to your local big box store and see what they string, and stock up some of those. Those will be the strings most of your customers will know by name.

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
that's not bad stringing a racquet in 25 minutes in an X-2... way to go!

thanks man...i appreciate that :) :)

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Go to your local big box store and see what they string, and stock up some of those. Those will be the strings most of your customers will know by name.

what's big box :) :) not in new jersey

supermario343
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
To easily answer your Q...most people love a gut like PSGD. People also like Gosen OG Micro to mix up their stringbed with. If you wanted a good poly, go with Big Ace or Cyberflash(CF is cheaper between the two). If they want anything to create amazing spin, go with PHT or Blue gear but both are those can be pricey..but all in all, good luck with what you decide to buy :)

flash9
04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Keep it basic, like someone else said Gosen OG Micro is a good string that can be purchased in spools.

Something else to keep in mind, carry strings you like. This way if you find your business does not take off, at least you have string you like, and also, you can speak personally about the strings playing characteristics. It is amazing that the men we string for use a lot of what I find appealing and the women tend to use a lot of what my wife likes. :-?

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
what is psgd???

04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex, can be bought on TW

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
how bout some more polys...big ace done

Lefty5
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
i know i always like the guys that differentiate themselves by carrying lesser known strings that are just as good/or better/definitely cheaper than the mainstream marketing crap that the big boxes carry. Gamma, no thanks. Luxilon, no way. Wilson, way overrated. Know your strings, save money for customer, keep them happy, you win.

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 01:46 PM
i know i always like the guys that differentiate themselves by carrying lesser known strings that are just as good/or better/definitely cheaper than the mainstream marketing crap that the big boxes carry. Gamma, no thanks. Luxilon, no way. Wilson, way overrated. Know your strings, save money for customer, keep them happy, you win.

yeah but some of the marketing crap is good

Babb
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
It depends on how educated your customers are. If they know their stuff, you can't really get away with selling Luxilon and Gamma exclusively. But if they are the bandwagon-ignorant type, only offer those two 8)

vwfye
04-15-2008, 03:06 PM
i carry a basic synth and then i also tell them what i use in my own racquets (liberty 16) and explain why i like it. then, i have one or two high end strings and will also give some folks the option to find their string on line and i will string for a flat rate for them. if they have to have an expensive string i won't carry, they still get to have it strung and i don't have the overhead.

supermario343
04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
how bout some more polys...big ace done

Check out the poly category in the string finder section in TW. There are many good polys out there though...some favs. here are Cyperflash, Big Ace, Pro Hurricane, and Luxilon type strings