PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer

bsandy
04-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Is there an industry standard disclaimer, everybody puts on their work orders for stringing and racquet service ?

. . . Bud

YULitle
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
For what? refund policy? these strings will break so get used to it? not guaranteed to make you a better player?

hollywood9826
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
^^^^

Yea pretty much.

But I'm sure some poeple will put something like

"(whatever business) is not liable for roken/damaged raquets as a direct or indirect result of the service we provide"

You know so they are not liable when something happens. But when I go to the bird to get my stuff restrung there is no disclaimer. Its all implied I guess.

bsandy
04-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Isn't there a standard paragraph, at the bottom of the string order ? I known when I used to go to Dycks, there was a paragraph, on the bottom of the ticket, I signed mu life away to.

. . . Bud

ryohazuki222
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
At the University of Texas -- Austin.... the gym store's policy:

Warranty Policy:

The Gym Store will restring racquets at no charge in cases of stringer error or defective string.
The Gym Store is not responsible for premature string breakage in the following instances:

* The racquet has damaged and/or defective grommets (every effort will be made to install tubing where there is obvious grommet damage).
* The racquet is damaged or defective.
* Customer requests the racquet be strung with the highest recommended tension.
* There is evidence of racquet abuse.

bsandy
04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
How do you cover youself for defective racquets, and cracks you didn't notice, before stringing ?

. . . Bud

YULitle
04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
How do you cover youself for defective racquets, and cracks you didn't notice, before stringing ?

. . . Bud

If you want it done right, I suggest shopping around for an attorney who will draw something up for you cheap.