PDA

View Full Version : Most consecutive service pts?

jamesblakefan#1
04-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I know this is a rip-off thread, but does anyone have any info on the most consecutive service pts. won by a player?

el sergento
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I remember Bjorkman went an entire set without losing a point on serve once...or maybe he only lost one point. That's the longest streak I can think of.

Moose Malloy
04-15-2008, 10:16 AM
As with the other thread, keep in mind the ATP is very young, they haven't been keeping records very long(they only have ace stats from '91 on)
Plus they have so many tournament results missing from 80s on that site, as well as quite a few incorrect scores. So not sure how much stock you should take into any record they cite.

And the 'most consecutive aces' thing is just a record that is considered a 'as far as they know' kinda record, not really conclusive. They have a long way to go to approach the stat keeping of other sports.

As far as most consecutive points on serve, krosero started a thread on this:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=138638

Basically its a 'record' that is just relying on people's memories, nothing 'official' on this record either.

So as far as most can remember, Fed has the highest total, with 35 straight service points vs Lopez at the USO.

edmondsm
04-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Bill Scanlon achieved the "golden set" ( a set won without losing a single point) in 1983 against Marcos Hocevar in Delray Beach. Not exactly on topic but worth noting.

iamke55
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm 99% sure the record for this is held by Federer, just like virtually any other tennis record.

jelle v
04-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm 99% sure the record for this is held by Federer, just like virtually any other tennis record.

I tend to agree.. I seem to remember that he set this record at last years Australian Open or the one before that. I think he broke Pete's record or something. Wasn't it something like 20 consecutive servicepoints?

Ocean Drive
04-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I remember Ivanisevic having something like 26 indoor against Sampras, Sampras won the match funnily enough.