PDA

View Full Version : Safin finds form (spoiler)

ruski07
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
the big man finally strung together a win, not a bad one either, 3 set win over juan carlos ferrero...hope he can keep it going!!!

Babb
04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
That's always been Safin's problem-- day-to-day consistency.

Ocean Drive
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Well the thing is people think he has gone hill due to his mentality, back before 2005 and his serious knee injury which left him with chronic tendinitis, his mentality was a lot worse than it is now. He seems hungrier and more passionate, probably because the clock is ticking and he is not one of the younger guys on tour any longer (unfortunately), he says this is the first year he is playing without pain, and I watched his match vs Berdych and was pretty impressed, mainly with the way he has improved his forehand from last year, it was easily one of the worst shots in mens tennis.

Never watched the match today but it was a great result, should have won it in 2, considering he was 5-5 and 0-30, he could have been serving for the set.

Let's hope he can keep it up, he has a genuine shot for the title here, let's end the title drout Marat, been over 3 years, he could have actually won in 2006 here but he somehow lost against Almagro...

CanadianChic
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I like to root for Safin, but can't bring myself to celebrate this one. JC is one of my top three. :(

daddy
04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
the big man finally strung together a win, not a bad one either, 3 set win over juean carlos ferrero...hope he can keep it going!!!

Ruski, you have Youzhny, Davydenko .. those are top notch players. Safin in his prime was better but right now I would advise against rooting for him because it can be devastating. He is who he is and he achieved much though not as nearly as much as he could. I think past tense can be used for the guy because other than few good matches I dont see him impacting the game in any serious way.

ruski07
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Ruski, you have Youzhny, Davydenko .. those are top notch players. Safin in his prime was better but right now I would advise against rooting for him because it can be devastating. He is who he is and he achieved much though not as nearly as much as he could. I think past tense can be used for the guy because other than few good matches I dont see him impacting the game in any serious way.

lol i agree hes a tough man 2 go 4, but i dont have any expectations from him anymore which makes it alot easier 2 support the big fella

Alexandros
04-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Winning one match against a good player isn't finding form! It's just Safin being Safin.

MajinX
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Safin needs to win some big matches so he can get more confident, i hardly see him play very well.

spiritdragon
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
woot! go safin!