PDA

View Full Version : Anna Chakvetadze

venusandserenafreak
04-15-2008, 06:44 PM
ok this subject has been way over due, what the heck is up with her!! she just lost to Sorana Cirstea in Charleston altough she is an up and coming player from Romania thers just no reason for her to loose the way she did! last year was a stand out year for year winning 4 tournaments and the semis of the US open. but this year has been all down hill she has not been past the quaters of 8 of her last 9 tournaments. although she won the Open Gaz de France earlier this year she barely won that one she has an good all court game and is ausome at changing the direction of the ball but i just cant seem to under stand why she is struggling so badly right now any explanations?
:confused:

johnny ballgame
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
any explanations?

Don't know if it's the right explanation, but I can offer one: Some people broke into her house, tied her up, beat the crap out of her dad and stole some money.

RealityPolice
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Don't know if it's the right explanation, but I can offer one: Some people broke into her house, tied her up, beat the crap out of her dad and stole some money.

And, evidently, there's still some nerve damage in her hands from being tied up; the Russian Fed Cup captain mentioned this last month. She still has some numbness in her fingers.

Also, she's never been all that good on clay, so losing to Bondarenko and Cirstea isn't traumatic; both losses were three sets.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorana Cirstea is an up and coming young lady, not bad looking either. I saw her during her 1st round match against Ivanovic in Australia.

But as mentioned Anna is just struggling at the moment, but she will do much better in the red dirt. :)

daddy
04-15-2008, 08:14 PM

No mafia in Russia in deed. At least they did not kidnap anyone, Kahalber Kaladze's brother was kidnapped ( I think he is from Georgia, former USSR republic, football player playing for Milan ). Never found also, this happened like 5 or 6 years ago.

Chauvalito
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM

I hope she is getting counseling. Such an experience can be very traumatic...I would not be surprised if she was having difficulty getting back into her normal routine. It may even be PTSD, I hope this is not the case.