PDA

View Full Version : Nick Bollietteri instructional video on torrent

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 04:00 AM
Someone has just made a handful of Bollietteri's videos available on t3nnis.tv (http://t3nnis.tv) - such as Sonic Serve, Killer Forehand, tactics etc.
I know NB is not too popular on this forum, but still...

The downloads are about 400-500 MB. Hope you find the clips helpful.

Please give your feedback on these videos on this thread. Thanks.

sapient007
04-16-2008, 04:13 AM
from the torrent site:

Sorry, you're not qualified to become a member of this site.

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 04:38 AM
OK, so they've started using the INVITE system, too.

To request invites, pls go over to the t3tennis thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2234355
(thread deleted ???)
Be prepared to host (seed) whatever matches you are downloading for a week or more. You would ideall need about 15-20 GB of free space for these files since each match is roughly 1-2 GB.

Djokovicfan4life
04-16-2008, 04:40 AM
WTF! Why should I even try to join a site like that? Ridiculous.

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 04:56 AM
HIT AND RUN

Earlier it was open. But there were many hit and runs which means people who downloaded a few torrents but never uploaded anything. This is a loss to the torrenting community since this P2P (peer to peer) sharing.

So now it's mandatory to have a ratio like 1.0 (or atleast 0.4 or 0.5).

That's why they implemented invites. We are supposed to ensure we invite someone whom we can trust.

Guys, its perfectly reasonable. You get to see entire matches FOR FREE !!! And these are often uploaded within an hour or two of completion.

Jonnyf
04-16-2008, 05:45 AM
HIT AND RUN

Earlier it was open. But there were many hit and runs which means people who downloaded a few torrents but never uploaded anything. This is a loss to the torrenting community since this P2P (peer to peer) sharing.

So now it's mandatory to have a ratio like 1.0 (or atleast 0.4 or 0.5).

That's why they implemented invites. We are supposed to ensure we invite someone whom we can trust.

Guys, its perfectly reasonable. You get to see entire matches FOR FREE !!! And these are often uploaded within an hour or two of completion.

Wierd....I've just signed-up without needing an invite. What software do you use to play these?

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 06:31 AM
You may use the free, open source VLC to view the movies.
I also use QT (QuickTime).

BTW, to download the torrent use Azureus. Drag torrent file onto Azureus, it will download the actual movie.

seb85
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Uh, pretty sure this kind of talk is against site rules?

Fedace
04-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Someone has just made a handful of Bollietteri's videos available on t3nnis.tv (http://t3nnis.tv) - such as Sonic Serve, Killer Forehand, tactics etc.

Have you been to Lisbon ? that is where they shot Russia house..:confused:

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Uh, pretty sure this kind of talk is against site rules?
Exactly what are you referring to ? RU referring to this thread ?

I am asking becos the t3nnis threads have just been deleted whereas the tennistorrent one has not. Does TW have a policy about t3nnis ?

To my knowledge they only host tennis matches, which TW doesn't so there is no competition with TW.

Fedace
04-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Mine said sign up Successful but i am not getting any confirmation email so i cannot get in?

Nellie
04-16-2008, 07:24 AM
If I was a Mod., I would erase this topic because these post are encouraging illegal pirated downloads

Jonnyf
04-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Mine said sign up Successful but i am not getting any confirmation email so i cannot get in?

Nah, they don't allow "unsavoury" members in :neutral::):twisted:

Fedace
04-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Nah, they don't allow "unsavoury" members in :neutral::):twisted:

I understand but the site itself is unsavory,, sold of like the Outback steak house steaks.

Jonnyf
04-16-2008, 07:40 AM
I understand but the site itself is unsavory,, sold of like the Outback steak house steaks.

Yeah it is actually:neutral: It wants me to download limewire and since my friend just got fined for Downloading stuff from there i'm abit unsure about the site.

Fedace
04-16-2008, 07:48 AM
^^I got a problem. I am in successfully now. but i cannot download the videos. what is going on ?? i can't even open the videos. Can someone help me download all the videos they have ??

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 08:12 AM
^^I got a problem. I am in successfully now. but i cannot download the videos. what is going on ?? i can't even open the videos. Can someone help me download all the videos they have ??
Go to Browse or Search.
When you select a torrent, it will show a page. The first row is a link to a tiny torrent file. The torrent file is downloaded to your disk.

Now drag this file onto Azureus and Az will do the download of the movie.

Fedace
04-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Go to Browse or Search.
When you select a torrent, it will show a page. The first row is a link to a tiny torrent file. The torrent file is downloaded to your disk.

Now drag this file onto Azureus and Az will do the download of the movie.

What is AZ?? torrent link will not download for some reason:confused:

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 08:31 AM
What is AZ?? torrent link will not download for some reason:confused:
You need to first download a freeware called Azureus. (There are other Bittorrent clients, too.)
You would click or else Ctrl-clikc or right-click on the torrent file hyperlink to download.

Then from Explorer, drag this file onto the open window of Azureus.

Pls give me the URL of the page so i can guide you a bit.

davidsmartin
04-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Are his videos useful? Or should I stick to fuzzy yellow balls ?

Djokovicfan4life
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM

You'd avoid all these unnecessary complications by sticking to FYB.

belco
04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
if somebody has problems they should probably ask on the forums on t3nnis ;)

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I've downloaded 2 vids. Will update this post with brief comments in a few hours.

quicken
04-16-2008, 08:49 PM
It's very basic stuff.

firefox
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
You can also emule them easily.

Sentinel
04-16-2008, 10:57 PM
David, FYB is very well structured. You can learn and review step by step.
Many different pros are shown. It's considered by many here to be the best.

I just went through one run of the Sonic Serve. It's very different from the FYB ones. It does not go into as much detail as FYB on each aspect. It focuses on just Max Mirnyi's serve which is shown many many times. However, if you are a beginner, you might just benefit from it. You might catch something here.

I am working on improving my serve, so I try to get as much info as I can, watch as many videos, matches etc as I can. I hope to take something from these vids too.

The sound and video effects are overdone and can be irritating. However, that apart, the 50 minute serve video was not structured in chapters so I could review segments in isolation. To keep watch a full 50 minutes to find one portion will not be v practical. That's just my initial take. However, let me take some of this to court this week and see how much it helps.

Double Fault
04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
I have invites for people that promise not to be hit and runs.

Oh, and the site's primary focus is to provide tennis matches, not instructional videos.

Sentinel
04-17-2008, 07:54 AM
1. I believe the Bollitteri video torrents on t3nnis.tv are being deleted because they are retail stuff.

2. I have been through the sonic serve and killer forehand, and altho I am not a coach my take is as follows:

a) the videos are largely theatrical with funky visual and audio effects
b) a lot of repetition
c) very little content
d) very little technical detail
e) not properly sequenced

I recommend the FYB videos anyday over these ones.

Bungalo Bill
04-17-2008, 08:18 AM

Whoaaa, I actually think Nick's stuff or I should say Pat's stuff is very good. He has his research and take on the game but doesn't make claims that he is the "Father of Tennis". some things are very practical and I respect his knowledge of the game.

I used Pat's AP belt the other day, oh my gosh, my legs were sore the next day! Fantastic workout!

Nellie
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I used Pat's AP belt the other day, oh my gosh, my legs were sore the next day! Fantastic workout!

Sorry to hijack the post, but BB - I was thinking of getting the AP belt. Do you like it? I need to work on keeping low on volleys (like Rafter/Edberg). I always think of staying low, but end up high by trying to step up into the ball instead of forward. do you think it something you will use for a while?

Sentinel
04-17-2008, 09:12 AM
If I was a Mod., I would erase this topic because these post are encouraging illegal pirated downloads
Nellie, thanks.
I did post a query there asking, after some discussion between the mods, they have decided that it should not be permitted. So now those vids have been removed.
Thanks to your remark justice has been restored :-) simply deleting this thread would not have had that effect.

Nellie, since the videos have been removed this thread loses its meaning, so you are not hijacking :-) But i was wondering if you started a thread on this topic, it would reach a wider audience. Just a thought -- this thread could get removed any day.

Sentinel
04-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Nellie, guess what -- after my query they;ve delete all "retail" CD's that were linked on their site. Action was taken very promptly.

Bungalo Bill
04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hijack the post, but BB - I was thinking of getting the AP belt. Do you like it? I need to work on keeping low on volleys (like Rafter/Edberg). I always think of staying low, but end up high by trying to step up into the ball instead of forward. do you think it something you will use for a while?

It is a very good tool to use in practice. It provides instant feedback if your center of gravity is rising during your movement and your shots. Because of this, it places more demand on your thigh muscles to keep you in the athletic stance. This gets your heart rate up and your leg muscles working.

At first, it will be very tiring. Stick with it and you will get stronger and develop the habit of staying down more while you are moving and hitting.

JCo872
04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Without addressing the topic of illegal downloading, I think the Bollitieri videos are amazing. They are too long, but if you have a bit of patience, the content is some of the best I've ever seen. They are packed with great information. The one weakness to the serve video is there is no mention of second serves. But the content on the first serve is tremendous.

Tennisplayer.net has some of the best segments from Nick's videos because Nick writes for tennisplayer.net. So if you have a tennisplayer.net membership, check it out as a really cool bonus to the site.

Sentinel
04-19-2008, 03:40 AM
Instructional 1
(http://tennistorrents.com/details.php?id=959)and
Instructional 2 (http://tennistorrents.com/details.php?id=960).

But the content on the first serve is tremendous.

He doesn't talk of pronation at all, or the trophy pose etc. Raising the racket, racket drop position etc are also not discussed at all. There's a lot of shots and parallels with baseball pitching, which may make sense to Americans, but not to other viewers.

He does talk of start position, and a lot of weight on forward foot, and pushing the hips into the court under the ball. Other than that he keeps repeating the same shot of Mirnyi's serve.

I suppose the sonic serve IS the first serve only, the 2nd would be a separate topic. (I don't see that being covered anywhere).

Due to the good reviews, perhaps I will review the vid a couple more times. Thanks.