PDA

View Full Version : help me with a string choice please!!!

chiapants226
04-16-2008, 04:00 AM
ok, heres the thing. currently, i use pro red code 17 in a hybrid with x-one biphase 17. problem is, i can barely hit flat winners anymore when i need to. my shots have so much spin that they barely reach the service line. before, when i didnt use the setup i currently use, i was able to hit much flatter, and was able to hit a lot deeper into the court. before i used this string setup, i was mainly a flat hitter, but now all my shots just loop and im getting killed over and over again just cos my opponent can just hit clean winners off my shots cos they sit up so much.
im not trying to blame my strings for my current lack of form, but i think it is a factor in it. im looking into trying a new string setup, maybe a 16 gauge or something. i just dunno what strings are good for flat shots. can anybody recommend me a string so i can hit flatter?
much appreciated.

Valjean
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
"Polyester - a very durable string designed for string breakers-not much power or feel. Polyester strings became very popular with ATP players, because it provides added durability, doesn't move and 'deadens' the stringbed. While this isn't a desireable feature for most recreational players, it is for many of todays ATP and (some) WTA players. They're bigger, stronger, swing faster and use more powerful racquets than players from the past. Often used in hybrids, combining polyester mains with softer synthetic or natural gut mains. This offers the durability benefits of polyester, while reducing the stiff, dead feel. Also easier to string than 100% polyester. Not recommended for beginning players or players with arm injuries."

Why not try out Gosen's OG Sheep Micro Super JC...

bsandy
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
maybe a 16 gauge or something

This is a good idea.

. . . Bud

nickb
04-16-2008, 01:56 PM
"Polyester - a very durable string designed for string breakers-not much power or feel. Polyester strings became very popular with ATP players, because it provides added durability, doesn't move and 'deadens' the stringbed. While this isn't a desireable feature for most recreational players, it is for many of todays ATP and (some) WTA players. They're bigger, stronger, swing faster and use more powerful racquets than players from the past. Often used in hybrids, combining polyester mains with softer synthetic or natural gut mains. This offers the durability benefits of polyester, while reducing the stiff, dead feel. Also easier to string than 100% polyester. Not recommended for beginning players or players with arm injuries."

Why not try out Gosen's OG Sheep Micro Super JC...

You really hate polys!!

chiapants226
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
yeh, i thought changing to a 16 gauge might help a bit. would topspin cyberflash be a good string to try? ive got 2 sets of it. dunno if it would help me hit flatter though...

chiapants226
04-16-2008, 11:50 PM
im also thinking of lowering tension down to abotu 55lbs. hopefully that helps a bit too.