PDA

View Full Version : similar feeling hybrid instead of luxilon bb alu and nxt tour

qtipkorea4u
04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
i currently use luxilon bb 16 main and nxt tour 16 cross for my k90

i am a strong baseliner, somewhat volleyer(starting to volley a lot more with k90), and a strong server (flat).

I would rate myself like 3.5 and working my way up there. but who knows

anyways, I am not loaded with money, so I was looking for a set up that is similar to the hybrid that i am using. Nxt tour gets torn too fast with amount of spin that i put on baseline.

I would really appreciate any suggestion to replacement for nxt tour or just different set up (EVEN though I luve luxilon bb 16)

so I would prefer to keep luxilon.

P/S. i thought about nxt max and some ppl just say no.. so anyways help

thanx

oh btw, tension for my hybrid is both 58

TennisNewbie85
04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
i had the same problem as u! when i first had my k90, i had nxt in the main and lux rough in the cross. the nxt snapped with about 9 hours of plays. i wrote a thread asking for some suggestion and people told me to give natural gut(babolat tonic 16g) a try. first time i tried it. the gut snapped with about 5 hours of heavy hard hitting but i think that was due me stringing the gut( it kinked easily) so i gave it another try and added some string savers(babolat) and its has been a good 3 weeks now. the lux rough has lost a lot of tension and im thinking about cutting the strings out. hope this helps!

qtipkorea4u
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I am not new, but new to the string section here.

can u explain what the string saver is?

thanx

P.S still open to more suggestions.

P.S I just looked at the price of babolat tonic 16g (it's spendier than nxt tour...urg) any suggestion for cheaper price?

samej07
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
i play Babolat Attraction in the crosses of my hybrid (with Pro Hurricane Tour mains). im not exactly sure how attraction stacks up to nxt, but in a hybrid i thought it felt about the same as Xcel Premium. Since Xcel is the top of the line Babolat string, i would bet it's close to nxt. i dont think it will last you any longer, but at $8.95 for 40 ft., you will save a little money over the $14.00 per 40 ft. nxt.

samej07
04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I am not new, but new to the string section here.

can u explain what the string saver is?

thanx

P.S still open to more suggestions.

P.S I just looked at the price of babolat tonic 16g (it's spendier than nxt tour...urg) any suggestion for cheaper price?

string savers are little pieces of plastic that slip between the strings to keep them from cutting on each other so much.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-EC2.html

:)

qtipkorea4u
04-16-2008, 04:50 PM
thanx a lot again, guys

are Nxt and Nxt tour a lot different?

obviously they are different, but how exactly?

3 dollar difference seem not much, but i would prefer something durable and better ( like anybody else would want)

thanx

P.S. still open to suggestions. thanx

xXShOcKeRz91Xx
04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
use your set up right now, but use string savers with you string job. it prolongs ur string life by a lot. i use it with babolat NG on my crosses with alu rough in my mains and they have lasted me 2 months. it loses feel obviously but it gets the job done when it comes to staying in tact.

nickb
04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Pro Supex Maxim Touch for your crosses....best multi I have used!

Try cyberflash mains if you want to replace the ALU for something cheaper (that holds tension better).

Nick