PDA

View Full Version : My LM Prestige's have arrived

uk_skippy
03-24-2004, 04:59 AM
Here in the UK the LM Prestige's have hit the store. I thought the US(TW) would have em first, but mine were sent on Mon and I got them yesterday.

But what do I think of them???? Well, I havent used them yet, waiting til Friday, but here's my initial take.....

2 rqts Mid plus, 1 x 339g(11.94oz), 7 pts HL; 1 x 337g(11.87oz), 8 pts HL. So overall pretty well matched. Although I've gotta add about 11g of lead to get them near my i.prestiges. That, I think is the problem, they are too light for me in this guise.

Also, the strings gotta go.Back to my trusty Prince syn gut 16...

Part 2 to come....How they play

tarheelbornjohn
03-24-2004, 05:22 AM
I just sent my demo of the LM Prestige (both mid and MP) to TW. Played mostly with the MP version. They were too light for me the way they came. Up 20 grams of lead tape at the LM points of the head. 6 and 6 at the top two and 4 and 4 at the bottom too. Have to say that it hit very well at that weight. ended up being about 1 or 2 points HL. I have ordered my MP and supposted to get here on the 31st. will add 2-4 grams at the bottom of the throat to move it to 4 pt hl.

El Diablo
03-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Skippy
Thanks for letting us know you got your mail.

Feña14
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Hi, UK_Skippy.

You're in for a treat with this racket!, i've loved mine since i first hit with it.

If it's not to your liking there is always a Person in England who could do with another! LOL

I'm now looking for a cheap used i.prestige as a back up as i can't afford another LM yet! Do you know where they are going cheap?

Enjoy the rackets!

Liam

uk_skippy
03-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi Liam

I have seen them new on the net for £79.99 somewhere but i cant remember where. If I do I'll post it here. I think I found it by using ******.co.uk. Other than that there are a few on **** at the moment. I cant remeber what grips size you said you are, but go to **** and search for them.

I'll let you know hao my LM prestige handles too.
Godd hunting

Paul

Feña14
03-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Cheers Newbie,

I think I might spend the 79 smackers on the i.prestige if it's anywhere near as good as the LM prestige!

Much appreciated!

Liam

P.S COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
03-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Come on Gunners.

uk_skippy
03-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Ok, so i havent used my LM Prestige's yet, but Im a bit disappointed in one area....the CAP grommets. Having used th PT280, and the Ti Rad with these grommets, the ones on the LM don't seem as good. They seem cheaply made. Cheap to the point of when I cut out the factory string and started to string it, a couple of the grommets split!! The strip seems harsher than the one's Im used too on the PT280 etc.

I'm sure them earlier ones were made of PEBAX, these are definitely not.

Anybody care to comment?

Feña14
03-25-2004, 09:29 AM
LOL Newbie, I take it you are an Arsenal fan!?

A draw seems fair, Arsenal better watch themselves at Highbury, mutu's gonna get ya!

Liam

Feña14
04-05-2004, 12:40 PM
UK_Skippy,

I am intersted to see how you are getting on with your LM Prestige.
I am really getting the most out of mine even though it still has the original strings in it!!!!.

So I am interested to see how you are getting on with them. Also what string have you put in them and what difference has it made.

Thanks a lot,

Liam

voltman
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
What string did it come with?

uk_skippy
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi ya Liam

Ok, I have a few hite with the LM's now and here's my take on them....

In comparison with the iPres the LM's are too light, not powerful enough, not as stiff. I have strung one with Prince syn gut 16 @ 57lbs as per normal and added 10g of lead around the hoop of the frame. The other has been strung with Luxilon ALU Power@ 60lbs. after hitting with the first one I thought I had added to mmuch weight. When I use the 2nd one it felt too light(Ihad added slightly less wieght and at the 10 & 2 position). After reverting back to my ipres and then back to the first LM, the LM felt better. However, I still find that it isn't as a solid feel. nor does it have what I call 'instant' power'. I find that I have to muscle the ball more with the LM's than the i's. Having used the PC600 a number of yrs ago, I think the LM's are closer to that rqt than the iPres. I gues what I'm noticing is this is how PC600 user turning to the i's feel. They are different rqts albeit with the same heritage.

I will persever with the LM's, but a) I still tend to prefer the i's and b) I have someone lined up to sell on them too.

voltman-the strings are sliver Head ones, not sure what they're called, but I guess they're the latest ones from Head. I always cut out straight away the prestrung strings and put in what I like.