PDA

View Full Version : Problem choosing string

silent189
04-17-2008, 03:27 AM
i wanted to buy natural gut string but my coach say is not worth because is not durable even though they have better feel in it , and he recommended me to use polyester string and they is no much feel in it but is very durable, i want to know the advantage and disadvantage about natural gut and polyester string .

silent189
04-17-2008, 03:42 AM
i play tennis 7-8 hours a week and some tournament a month , but mostly only 1 tournament a month

roger is the king
04-17-2008, 03:57 AM
poly-not for beginners, kills your arm during tennis elbow check the tennis elbow section in health/fitness..and poly are durable but go dead in about 2 weeks minimum, poly is stiff on many people's arm and 95% of the tennis community now its problems

Natural Gut-very reliable, ok with durability get the 15l gauge

Try for now synthetic stuff...wilson stamina or wilson nxt or babolat superfineplay but i'd something like wilson Nxt is your best shot for now.

downdaline
04-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Gut and Polys are worlds apart.

Go with a synthetic, maybe even a multifilament first.

See what u want more of and less of and go from there.

If u want more power and more feel and u dont break the string quickly, then gut should be ok. Either get the 15L as roger said, or insert some stringsavers.

If u want less power, more control and dont need so much feel, then u can try polys.

I would recommend Prince Syn. Gut w/ Duraflex as a start, it's a pretty durable all-round string.

Valjean
04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
i wanted to buy natural gut string but my coach say is not worth because is not durable even though they have better feel in it , and he recommended me to use polyester string and they is no much feel in it but is very durable, i want to know the advantage and disadvantage about natural gut and polyester string .
You said you wanted playability; coach said, try durability first.

Your best compromise string is Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament (PSGM).

For added durability (later, when it has become necessary), you should choose Prince's Topspin 15L, the one with Duraflex added in.