PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for Pro Hurricane/Tour?

charaseac
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Greetings all!

I'm using either pro hurricane or pro hurricane tour right now (Still have one set of each)

I'm looking for something similar for a full poly setup because people said that PHT is not actually that good as it loses tension fast. To be honest i haven't really try anything else so i don't really have comparison. I've tried head sonic pro (horrible), and Big banger Rough (don't like the wire-like feeling)

I'm looking for something similar to test. Maybe with longer tension hold, and if possible with better price.

From reading the forum, i found these strings are similar to test:

-Topspin cyberflash
-Topspin cyber power
-Pro Supex Blue Gear

Anything else people would recommend?

I'm interested in the topspin one because of the reel price. for the pro supex one. i have no idea where to get that as TW don't carry it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

bronco_mba
04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Pro Supex Big Ace. As to where to buy, google, google, google.

supermario343
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
If youre looking for spin quality thats similar to PHT, go for Blue Gear :) The stuff is awesome and retains tensions well. I have a reel ofthe 17g, you can buy it off of s t r i n g s d e p o t . c o m

jazar
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
you could have a look at signum pro poly plasma or the hextreme version of it. i use the hextreme in my rackets and its got a great bite to it

Vitaly Evchenkov
04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
my german semi-pro buddies introduced me to Wilson Enduro Pro.
I have gone from 17g to 16g
They are both great strings, great price, and available at TW.

I haven't bought an expensive poly string since.
(i thought is was so interesting that they come from the "land of polys" and seemed to
be using this cheap poly. Enduro Pro is more expensive there though...)

People don't appreciate it here due to the low price... but try it out.

PROTENNIS63
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Pro Supex Blue Gear is great for spin. Big Ace is also a very good choice.

charaseac
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Looks like pro supex blue gear have a lot of fans here ^^

And the price is good too.. What about Cyberflash? I heard some good comments on that too.

I hope they have some to try out around here. I live in Canada so i doubt they will have pro supex or topspin, but enduro im pretty sure i've seen it somewhere. But i'll look for it.

downey stringing master
04-17-2008, 12:46 PM
TF PRC ? 10 char

nickb
04-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I think PHT is a pretty unique string...the feel is "different" and the string has a unique coating. I find its great for volleys and touch shots unlike blue gear (which has no feel IMO).

You could try Cyberflash 17..

Nick

charaseac
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah now the selections to try are:

- Cyberflash
- Blue Gear
- SPPP

I read across the board and everyone seems to talk about these three. I think these three will be very very similar with just slight differences in some aspect i guess.

ledor
04-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Cyberflash - great
Blue Gear - your replacement for PHT
SPPP - Only use the 1.18

that is all

DrewRafter8
04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I think PHT is a pretty unique string...the feel is "different" and the string has a unique coating. I find its great for volleys and touch shots unlike blue gear (which has no feel IMO).

You could try Cyberflash 17..

Nick

I thought you weren't changing? Try the PHT with Tonic 15 cross. It's pretty amazing. I've tried other strings but I like DEAD PHT better then I did Supex BG and Hextreme. My problem with hextreme is that it doesn't drop in tension like PHT.

charaseac
04-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Lol as i expected, we don't have signum pro/pro supex/topspin here. Meaning that the best thing i can do is to buy online.

nickb
04-18-2008, 04:32 AM
I thought you weren't changing? Try the PHT with Tonic 15 cross. It's pretty amazing. I've tried other strings but I like DEAD PHT better then I did Supex BG and Hextreme. My problem with hextreme is that it doesn't drop in tension like PHT.

I dont really like gut in the crosses....I lose control when compared to full poly.

Nick

Djokovicfan4life
04-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Lol as i expected, we don't have signum pro/pro supex/topspin here. Meaning that the best thing i can do is to buy online.

Yeah, what's so bad about buying online, anyway? Much better selection so you're free to test whatever the hell you want!