PDA

View Full Version : Anyone compare BB Ace vs MSV Hex Focus 1.18

cys19
04-18-2008, 06:47 AM
How are they in relation to each other in terms of power, control, and SPIN?

Ace obviously has more comfort and feel, but I'm looking to swing out at low tension with better control.

rorschack
04-18-2008, 09:00 AM
I am currently playing with MSV Focus Hex 1.18 in the main @50lb and 17g multi @50lb in cross on an 18x20 racquet (Pro Tour 280).

You will get a ton of spin and control for sure! And swinging out at low tension is exactly what this setup will allow you. As a plus, you will get some pop when you go for winners which I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting a dead and stiff string bed. I am loving it big time and I am not a poly kind of guy either. I usually play with natty gut.

As for big ace, I used to play with it for a bit, so I can not comment on how it is compared to Focus Hex now.

On top of the positives for Focus Hex, the tension is holding very nicely after about 9 hours (3 matches) of hard hitting. But I don't think any string would retain a majority of its playability after 9 hours anyway. So, I am quite happy with the tension maintenance department.

Yet another plus, there is ball pocketing too! For freaking co-poly! Can you believe that? I am yet pleasantly surprised again and now contemplating getting a reel of this good stuff! However, I still have the following co-poly strings to test out before I make up my mind. Let's see if they can stand up to MSV Focus Hex 1.18.

silverstring 1.20
big hitter 1.25
big hitter blue 1.25
cyberflash 1.20
MSV Focus 1.18
big ace 1.22

Max Winther
04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Are you referring to luxilon Big Banger ace, or pro supex big ace? in the title, It says BB ace. They are 2 really different strings, so please clarify.

cys19
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Are you referring to luxilon Big Banger ace, or pro supex big ace? in the title, It says BB ace. They are 2 really different strings, so please clarify.

BB= Big Banger

Ace 18

cys19
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
bumpity bump bump