JohnS
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Right now, if the two were to play against one another on a hardcourt,
I would say Nishikori will win.

But, give a injury free Srichaphan a month to train and prepare, who
will win?

anointedone
04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Nishikori. Youth and talent > old and generic.

ATXtennisaddict
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Srichaphan at his prime will beat Nishikori.

Not Paradorn at this moment of course. He's too tired from u know what.

anointedone
04-18-2008, 12:01 PM

Nishikori isnt even close to his prime so it would make no sense comparing Srichaphan in his hypothetical prime to Nishikori now. Nishikori will someday be a better player then Srichaphan in his prime I bet too.

ATXtennisaddict
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Nishikori isnt even close to his prime so it would make no sense comparing Srichaphan in his hypothetical prime to Nishikori now. Nishikori will someday be a better player then Srichaphan in his prime I bet too.

good point.

the only time we can compare anyone is at the end of both their careers.

Shaolin
04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Nishi vs P-dorn. What a random matchup.

How about Olivier Rochus vs Marin Jaite?

Ocean Drive
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM

These jokes were old AGES AGO.

atatu
04-18-2008, 12:55 PM
How about Kafelnikov in his prime vs. Davydenko ? I have to go with Yevgeny, he would have won more slams if he had been born earlier or later...

BOZO
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
He is coming back to play Olympic then we can see.

spiritdragon
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
paradorn ftw

JohnS
04-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I think Srichaphan would beat Kishikori if he was healthy and back in shape. Srichaphan is still relatively young and can still fast and strong. Kishikori hasn't matured physically yet and doesn't have the experience.

lambielspins
04-18-2008, 09:16 PM
How about Kafelnikov in his prime vs. Davydenko ? I have to go with Yevgeny, he would have won more slams if he had been born earlier or later...

Probably Kafelnikov but it is hard to say for sure. Kafelnikov had some mind boggling bad head to heads with certain players, Tomas Johansson and Dominik Hrbaty for starters who both completely owned Kafelnikov in a long head to head history. If even guys like that owned Kafelnikov head to head who knows how he would do vs Davydenko today. I dont agree at all Kafelnikov would have won more slams today. He isnt good enough to beat any of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic today, I could easily see something like a 1-12 head to head vs players like that for him; or Hewitt from 2000-2005 (Hewitt always owned him even as a teenager remember), Roddick from 2003- 2005 (because of the serve), Safin on a good day, Nalbandian on a good day. I also dont agree he would have won more earlier. He is not good enough to beat Lendl, Wilander, Becker, Edberg, and probably even Cash, in the mid to late 80s, nor good enough to beat Courier, Edberg, Sampras, Becker, and Agassi in the early 90s. Much more likely had he born earlier or later he would have either 0 or 1 slams.

He got very lucky to peak at 2 slams the draw collapsed around him and he had the easiest draw to win his 2 slams of any 2-time slam champion I can think of. Krajicek, Sampras, and Stich to win a French Open; and an injured Martin, Haas, and Enqvist to win an Australian Open. For a guy to get 2 slams with those being his draws is almost criminal good fortune. Considering he won 0 Masters titles, and his head to head performances vs alot of the top guys of his time, he is quite possibly the worst player in a long time to win 2 slams as it is.

vndesu
04-18-2008, 09:17 PM
if paradon plays like he played fed in 05 at basel he'll own.
who knows.