PDA

View Full Version : Suhweetspot

RonP
01-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Is the sweetspot of the PS 85 and the Tour 90 (not nCoded) from Wilson that small? How big are the the sweetspots for those two racquets? I have a Tour 90 and they're not as "unplayable" as some say and my rating is probably no higher than 4.0.

Ryoma Kun
01-08-2005, 08:35 PM
i use the 85, but strung at 52 lbs. the lower tension gives me a bit more to fallback on, but the sweetspot is not horribly bad. even when strung high, its not like the sweetspot is the size of a tennis ball. infact, the smaller headsize gives a more consistant feel all around the stringbed, but yes, when u mishit a ball it goes dead almost. i have no problem wielding this and hitting consistantly though, i am a 4.0 like urself

antontd
01-08-2005, 08:58 PM
The PS 85 has a small sweet spot, obviously. However I've switched from an OS racquet and only had problems with my serve in the beginning. I added 6 grams at 3/9 and 8 10/2 and I blast bombs again. It seemed that the SW was low for me. If you are a 4.0, using the PS 85 will make you look like a 3.5 at first but if you continue, your game will start to improve very fast.

RonP
01-08-2005, 11:49 PM
How is the non-nCoded Tour 90, my current racquet, compared with the PS 85 in sweetspot size and overall feel? I'm wondering due to the Tour 90 being discontinued and the need for a possible change in the future (hope the PS 85 doesn't get discontinued too as rumor says...).