PDA

View Full Version : explain your username

Brian Purdie
01-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I use my own name. Looking back on it, probably a mistake.
What the heck does Vashthestampede and others mean. just curious

!<-_->!
01-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Vash the Stampede is an anime character.

raftermania
01-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I"m obsessed with Guy Forget... Wait I remember now, Patrick Rafter.. He rocks!

Max G.
01-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Maximum gravity! ...nah, name/last initial.

devilish_duke
01-08-2005, 07:48 PM
i'm a duke student, 'nuf said.

jpsigchi
01-08-2005, 08:18 PM
sigma chi fraternity

Rickson
01-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Rickson Gracie is the greatest fighter in history.

Frodo Baggins
01-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Figure it out...

Nosoupforyou
01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Line from one of the funniest Seinfeld episodes.

OnyxZ28
01-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I drive an Onyx Black Z28.

Kirko
01-09-2005, 12:01 AM
My brother in law calls me that ; he's also my best friend he's from Austria a pro skier taught me that and we played tennis almost everyday when we lived in Nevada yrs. ago.

RedGinseng
01-09-2005, 01:01 AM
http://www.redginseng-korea.com/english/images/redginseng02_img08.jpg
It's good for your health.

thehustler
01-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Mine has to do with how well I cover the court. I chase everything down and never give up on any ball. It is amazing what you can get to if you don't give up on anything and it's a good way to demoralize your opponent.

tennismx
01-09-2005, 05:16 AM
tennis-well, self explanatory lol
mx=Motocross, my other favorite sport

SunDog
01-09-2005, 05:56 AM
A sundog is a celestial phenom whereby ice crystals in the atmosphere make it appear as if there is a smaller "sun" on either side of the actual sun. the term is used in a Rush song on the LP "Presto" called "Chain Lightning" -

"... sundog's fire on the horizon ...."

I saw one once while on a lift chair at Copper Mountain. It was the coolest thing ever.

Was also the name of the last band that i was in.

Agent Orynge
01-09-2005, 07:09 AM
As per www.m-w.com;

Main Entry: Agent Orange
Function: noun
Etymology: so called from the identifying color stripe on its container
: an herbicide widely used as a defoliant in the Vietnam War that is composed of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T and contains dioxin as a contaminant

Why? Because I thought it was a cool double entendre.

TripleB
01-09-2005, 10:35 AM
My initials are BBB

TripleB

el_mago
01-09-2005, 02:20 PM
It's one of Guillermo Coria's nicknames. Guillermo Coria is "The Magician" on the tennis court.

norcal
01-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I live in northern california.

Tour90
01-10-2005, 09:18 AM
First thing I thought of when signing up. And I had the racquet in my hand.

Camilio Pascual
01-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Camilo Pascual was one of my favourite baseball players as a kid. I decided to spell the name wrong so people would know who I was referring to, but know it wasn't him. I was almost Willie Maze.

Dedans Penthouse
01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
i'm a duke student, 'nuf said.

In Lexington, VA, there's Washington & Lee Univ.. In Lancaster, PA, there's Franklin & Marshall Univ., and in Raleigh, NC, there's Mommy & Daddy Univ. ;-)

Heather Mercer + a chicken***** "politically correct" Athletic Dir.
= $2,000,000 in "P.C." extortion.....'nuf said.

Gaines Hillix
01-10-2005, 09:53 AM
It's just me, nothin' else :-) .

raftermania
01-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Really??? Gaines Hillix sounds like a protagonist in a first person shooter computer game!

Tenny
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Tenny?

A Tenni from planet Tennisia...we are the ones who invented Tennis.
Hi humans!

Gaines Hillix
01-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Really??? Gaines Hillix sounds like a protagonist in a first person shooter computer game!

Thanks, but that's just my real name. :-) Gaines was my mother's maiden name and Hillix is an Americanized version of Hillis, which is Irish.

VashTheStampede
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I use my own name. Looking back on it, probably a mistake.
What the heck does Vashthestampede and others mean. just curious

Vash the Stampede is a character from Trigun. I haven't really watched it much but I'm called "vash" sometimes, and its my nickname in a way, along with "sheb" lol but vash sounds manlier so I chose that.

What does "Aonex" mean? Is it pronounced "Ow-Necks" as in neck pain? :confused:

EDIT: oh yeah, I've also wondered what NobadMojo's username meant.

Vince
01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
My first name

Yolkl
01-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I live in rural Appalachia.
The local yocals like to hunt and fish.
I would rather play tennis.
Sometimes I flashback to my baseball days and dive for balls.
Ouch. That's blood.
I guess that makes me a loco yolkl.
My goal in life is to hit the perfect shot with either a Yonex or a Volkl.

NoBadMojo
01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Hint:

I got a black cat bone, i got a mojo too,
I got the John the Conqueroo, i'm gonna mess with you,

-Muddy Waters

ffrpg
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I use to enjoy role-playing games when I was kid. I don't play them anymore, but I use this username for everything. ffrpg= final fantasy role playing game

Serve-And-Volley
01-11-2005, 06:13 PM
My user name is pretty simply... I serve and volley alot in my matches so thats why I picked the great name. Serve and Volley Forever!

jayserinos99
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
jayserinos was a nickname given to me a while back; 99 is a pager code that just stuck with me.

andfor
01-12-2005, 07:57 AM
In Lexington, VA, there's Washington & Lee Univ.. In Lancaster, PA, there's Franklin & Marshall Univ., and in Raleigh, NC, there's Mommy & Daddy Univ. ;-)

What the he** is this all about?

andfor
01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
That's me.

OnyxZ28
01-12-2005, 11:11 AM

The 2M settlement was awarded in court, fella. Wasn't up to the Athletic Director.

Oh, Duke is in Durham, not in Raleigh. Get your facts straight before you go on some ignorant rant. Rejection letters don't give you that right.

Ronaldo
01-12-2005, 11:28 AM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=51757467&cdi=0 Favorite player

Nubarron
01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
My nickname is cloud and nubarron is a spanish word for cloud so...

Ben42
01-12-2005, 01:46 PM
My name is Ben and 42 is the answer.

andfor
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
The 2M settlement was awarded in court, fella. Wasn't up to the Athletic Director.

Oh, Duke is in Durham, not in Raleigh. Get your facts straight before you go on some ignorant rant. Rejection letters don't give you that right.

You talking to me?

OnyxZ28
01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
You talking to me?

Did I quote you? I was talking to Dedan's Penthouse.

andfor
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Did I quote you? I was talking to Dedan's Penthouse.

I got lost. I did not realize you and DP had a conversation going.

schaefferm46
01-12-2005, 05:59 PM
schaeffer(last name) m-ichael 46( april 6 b day)

raftermania
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Who's on first?

sambapati
01-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Samba Pa Ti ( spanish for Samba for you) is a song I remember hearing on early morning radio when I was a kid, so everytime I hear it, it reminds me of my childhood sort of. It took me a long time to find out the title and that it`s by Carlos Santana...

Superior_Forehand
01-12-2005, 08:56 PM
I live in rural Appalachia.
The local yocals like to hunt and fish.
I would rather play tennis.
Sometimes I flashback to my baseball days and dive for balls.
Ouch. That's blood.
I guess that makes me a loco yolkl.
My goal in life is to hit the perfect shot with either a Yonex or a Volkl.

Did anyone else notice how poetic this post was? I dont know if it was intentional, but it looks like hiaku or something.

bcaz
01-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Samba Pa Ti -- great ballad.

bcaz ... I am BC and I live in Arizona.

Tenny
01-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Samba Pa Ti ( spanish for Samba for you) is a song I remember hearing on early morning radio when I was a kid, so everytime I hear it, it reminds me of my childhood sort of. It took me a long time to find out the title and that it`s by Carlos Santana...

Hey Sambapati,

Which is your favorite Santana album? I really love his doeble 'Moonflower'. Great mix of live and studio tracks, absolutely amazing album. And he's from the bay area...

Tenny. Hee hee, I thought it's misspelled Samba party or something so far. Thanx!

sambapati
01-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey Sambapati,

Which is your favorite Santana album? I really love his doeble 'Moonflower'. Great mix of live and studio tracks, absolutely amazing album. And he's from the bay area...

Tenny. Hee hee, I thought it's misspelled Samba party or something so far. Thanx!

Actually, Samba Party isn`t a bad idea for a name either...
As far as Santana Albums go, I actually don`t own any, and am starting to feel guilty about it. I do know most of his more popular songs though, and might just check out that album you mentioned, my musical tastes are as diverse as my tennis game (j.j.)

Tenny
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
As far as Santana Albums go, I actually don`t own any, and am starting to feel guilty about it. I do know most of his more popular songs though, and might just check out that album you mentioned, my musical tastes are as diverse as my tennis game (j.j.)

Yeah, if you are going to try some of his albums, start with Moonflowers. It has many of his hits (as live track). Live and studio tracks are very smoothly sewed each other. Seamless. I don't like his recent stuffs very much. Some tracks from very early albums sound less structured (like Jam recording). Get MF.

bigserving
01-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Samba Pa Ti is a great tune. It is on the album "Abraxas" which is an awesome album.

sambapati
01-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the advice Tenny and Bigserving.

PusherMan
01-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Everyone hates pushers. Glad I ain't one.

matchpoints
01-15-2005, 10:02 AM
i actually got a credit card once that said "matchpoints" on it. In addition, matchpoints are so exciting.

Radical Shot
01-17-2005, 03:06 PM
I used to play with the Head Radical series. When I hit the ball....

Power Game
01-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Mine is very self explanatory

Morpheus
01-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Mine is very self explanatory

What's the point of explaining your screen name if it needs no explanation. Now I could see doing so if one's name was, say, Big Dick, and you wanted to make sure that people understood you were simply being factual (and not ironic).

Swan Song
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Swan Song is Led Zeppelin's record album label. Also, I am a Zeppelin fan.

Morpheus
01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Swan Song is Led Zeppelin's record album label. Also, I am a Zeppelin fan.

I suppose Swan Song is better than "In through the out door." I must confess, Back in my college days, I once named my plant "Bob." Need I say more!

raftermania
01-17-2005, 06:56 PM
What's the point of explaining your screen name if it needs no explanation. Now I could see doing so if one's name was, say, Big Dick, and you wanted to make sure that people understood you were simply being factual (and not ironic).

Hey man, I'll take the blue pill!!!!!!

Kaptain Karl
01-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Same ID I use on all web boards. I like the comic book like alliteration....

- KK

Dedans Penthouse
01-21-2005, 11:58 AM

Rejection letters? Nice try Janet, but one does NOT apply to Duke in order to play football at a college level....at a high school level, maybe, but certainly NOT at a college level. ;-) Got that....fella?

Eventually, the settlement was awarded in court....er....fella, but if you had a clue "from the inside" that was well AFTER....AFTER the A.D. "caved in" and didn't back the coach who got "painted into a corner as a result of a very, very, very nebulous promise of a spot on the team. Yes, Duke is in Durham (my bad) but squeaky geography is not the point.

Ignorant rant? Pull up a chair and sit down clown. I have a 1st hand account of who and what was actually involved. Girl kicker cannot kick anything near what a Div. I kicker should and this "imposter" thought that she should be promised a spot on the team because she kicked a (hold on to your hat!) a 28 yard field goal in a spring scrimmage game (your own team--talk about pressure) and she threw this dubious "promise" of a spot on the team, i.e. she put the P.C. gun to the coach's head and the A.D. caved in thereafter setting the stage for one of the biggest "P.C...B.S.." trials in recent N.C.A.A. history. This girl had no right being on the team, not because of her gender .... because she was a glorified "novelty act" high school level kicker. You can only throw a ball 35 yards and you want a spot on the team as a back-up Q.B.? Sorry...fella.

Being "handed" accolades (or promised "spots") because of her gender (certainly not because of her TRUE level of football skill-related competence) was nothing new to this person. This "imposter" as a high school senior was awarded a 1st-team All-Section Award from an ignorant, agenda driven local press who were tripping over themselves regarding the "girl kicker" while ignoring her "stats" versus MANY others in the area whose performance exceeded hers. What the local press took into account (regarding kickers) was based TOTALLY on point total---nothing more. Percentage (accuracy)? Nope. All of the other criteria that kickers are judged by? Nope. What they also conveniently choose to "gloss over" was the fact that her her high school team (Yorktown H.S., Yorktown, NY) had made a habit of running up the score on every opponent, in short, this "imposter" was nothing more than a novelty act hitting P.A.T.'s in ROUTS. In their only close game of the season (a one point post-season playoff win, 35-34 vs. Charles E. Gorton H.S. of Yonkers, NY), she DIDN'T EVEN PLAY in that game. As a matter of fact, she missed games during the season due to a muscle strain injury. The kicking chores for that game was handled by one of the other players (who hit all 5 of his extra points). But YOU KNEW THAT, RIGHT FELLA? Her claim to fame? She made 3 out of 6 field goals for the year....and her longest?......26 yards. A veritable extra point.

Were you one of the "challengers" involved in a proposed $10,000 (donation to charity) kicking challenge that she and her coaches wanted no part of? No, you weren't. Don't tell me about "ignorant rant" .....fella. Now, go back to your Dunbarton Bridge "Slum-by-the-Sea" ......... fella.

Brettolius
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
ouch...a stinging reply...ding ding ding

matchpoints
01-21-2005, 12:43 PM
someone just got b!tch slapped.

Astennix
01-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Astennix = "Asterix" (cartoon hero) + tennis (my fav sport).

As many of you may know, "Asterix" was the bravest fighter from the "Galia" in the Roman Empire era....he was short and very smart.... He drunk a "special potion" to become stronger and kill Romans, however I don't drink anything to kill my tennis oponents. :)

HookEmJeff
01-21-2005, 04:23 PM
HookEmJeff -- This is a school spirit thing (University of Texas grad 1997) followed by my first name. I realize in tennis this could be totally misconstrued. I play quite fair, I assure you. Just don't hit any near the lines on me! Just kidding! Maybe.

battousai555
01-21-2005, 05:50 PM
My username is from one of my favorite anime shows, Rurouni Kenshin. It's about a wandering samurai named Kenshin who used to be a samurai in the revolution and now has sworn against killing. His old nickname was "battousai" which means manslayer.

raftermania
01-21-2005, 08:05 PM
My username is from one of my favorite anime shows, Rurouni Kenshin. It's about a wandering samurai named Kenshin who used to be a samurai in the revolution and now has sworn against killing. His old nickname was "battousai" which means manslayer.

Well how about we avoid meeting you in a dark alley? I hope I'm joking. Ever see the anime show, Berserk? You know, with the guy who brandashes the obnoxiously huge sword?

Tennis Guy
01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I had no clue what to name myself, thus the boringest username in the TW Message Boards. I guess I just stuck with it. I think it might've been because I had just read McEnroe's book and he talks about how everyone at his school used to call him "The Tennis Guy."

Venetian
01-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Venetian-from Venice, even though I'm from Vicenza

Tenny
01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Do you have multiple TW user names? I have only one.

Tenny.

Morpheus
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Morpheus may seem obvious, but the truth is that a couple years back I got a tattoo with a couple of buddies. I was in a drunken stupor and woke up with a big green "MORPHEUS" on my forehead. The "P" actually runs down my nose.

I figured "what the hell" I might as well make it work for me. So now I am known as Morpheus. Fortunately, I liked the movie, so it's really not so bad.

ragnaROK
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I used to play with the PS Rok, thinking about going back to it.

Hewitt rulez
01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Ill give you one guess.

andfor
01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Morpheus may seem obvious, but the truth is that a couple years back I got a tattoo with a couple of buddies. I was in a drunken stupor and woke up with a big green "MORPHEUS" on my forehead. The "P" actually runs down my nose.

I figured "what the hell" I might as well make it work for me. So now I am known as Morpheus. Fortunately, I liked the movie, so it's really not so bad.

Oh man, if that's true Morph I got to meet you just to see the tat! Tennis would be secondary. At best post some pics for us. That's one of the most extreme stories I've heard in a while. If you're joking, good one. Are your serious?

Morpheus
01-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh man, if that's true Morph I got to meet you just to see the tat! Tennis would be secondary. At best post some pics for us. That's one of the most extreme stories I've heard in a while. If you're joking, good one. Are your serious?

I don't know how to upload a pic and I'm not in the public eye so I can't show you my face. It really isn't that bad except I get a little tired of hearing "Hey Morpheus, you got pee running down your nose." (the "p" is right between my eye brows and extends down the bridge of my nose.)

andfor
01-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Dup. post.........ooops sorry.

andfor
01-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't know how to upload a pic and I'm not in the public eye so I can't show you my face. It really isn't that bad except I get a little tired of hearing "Hey Morpheus, you got pee running down your nose." (the "p" is right between my eye brows and extends down the bridge of my nose.)

Awsome! What more can I say?????????

CMON_LLEYTON
02-04-2005, 03:09 AM
Chose mine at random.

Kaptain Karl
02-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Morph - "Drunken stupor"??? You *must* have been wasted for that one.

(I love to ask kids with Chineses character tats, "What's it mean?" No matter what they tell me, my next question is, "How do you know?" Most of the time, they are stunned by the realization that they paid some stranger *good money* to permanently broadcast (something they do not, themselves know for sure is what was advertised). They usually don't appreciate my questions....)

- KK

bc-05
02-04-2005, 07:36 AM
dunno.. i think it was my ink printer's model? coz i dont know whats a good username

aj_m2009
02-07-2005, 10:32 PM
My initials and the year I graduate.