PDA

View Full Version : string question

freeskier730
04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
im gunna ask possibly a broad question that may not be answered but i would love to get any feedback if possible... i've been looking for a "great" string for a long time and the only feel i really love is the crispness of synthetic gut... but of course this breaks in less than a week, so i was wondering if anyone knew of possibly a hybrid that would have a crisp feel, i recently tried playing with a timo/nrg2 hybrid and this felt mushy to me, and it lacked control, is this worth trying again at a higher tension coming from 57/59 on my mg prestige which isnt to loose... i was wondering if a combo like pro red code and gosen sheep micro would have a crisper feel since this is a stiffer poly, or does anyone else have any recommendations coming from this same problem i face

Valjean
04-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Why not Prince's Lightning Power then?

Here's the review: http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2005/01/prince_lightning_power.html

freeskier730
04-19-2008, 10:09 AM
doesnt sound like anything special... not even sold at TW, sounds like its in the same catagory as getting just prince SGD which isnt bad but im looking for something like a hybrid with more durability with out compromising the nice crisp feel of a synthetic gut...

Valjean
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Because of its poly base, though, you wouldn't need to hybrid that one; that's the whole point!

And, according to USRSA tests, it still holds tension like a nylon....