PDA

View Full Version : Head LM Rave

theRAVE
01-08-2005, 08:30 PM
i was wondering if anyone here plays with the LM Rave. I have done some searching through the forums and not much has been said about it. I recently switched to this frame after demo-ing it through my coach, also tried many other LM frames. I have played with Prince rackets my short tennis career of a couple years, and found the LM frames to be way more comfortable for me. Is there a reason noone is talking about my new frame?

!<-_->!
01-08-2005, 09:47 PM
I haven't hit with it, but I think the reason that many people don't talk about it because it's not sold my the big online retailers. I believe this frame was only meant to be sold in tennis specialty shops, therefore, it cuts down on it's exposure to the masses. Sorry I can't tell you more, that's all I know.

mverdugo
01-08-2005, 09:58 PM
The people who I buy racuqets from tell me this is the replacement for the i.speed intelligence series. I have never played w/ rave but played with the last year with i.speed and I developed a small, yet chronic case of tennis elbow with the i. speed. I wasn't staying up nights because of TE but I was icing the arm regularly. If you are looking for a game improvement racquet but tend to suffer from arm problems, you may want some alternatives.

theRAVE
01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
i wonder how long you used the i.speed for before developing the problems? i have used the i.speed a couple times and it felt alot different imo. i have used the rave for a short while now without any arm problems, and i did have a problem for a while last year with my shoulder, which we attributed to my serve, which has since been fixed. thanks for the info.

mverdugo
01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Used i.speed for almost a year. A 5.0, better than the teaching pro, told me to try it. Felt great and was what I was looking for to improve my game, especially my serve as I was able to crank major w/ this racquet. My technique probably had something to do with te but not 100%. I am glad I switched to a heavier racquet however I do miss some of the characteristics of playing w i.speed. If you are interseted in tweeners or even heavy racquets I can give you some suggestions in this area.

theRAVE
01-09-2005, 08:21 AM
if i develop any problems with the rave or become unhappy with it i will be sure to let you know, thanks!