PDA

View Full Version : Misweaves

cujays
04-19-2008, 08:26 AM
do misweaves hurt your racket

themitchmann
04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
They don't really cause any damage, but they do render the racquet illegal for match play.

cujays
04-19-2008, 11:41 AM
They don't really cause any damage, but they do render the racquet illegal for match play.

why 10 char

MAX PLY
04-19-2008, 01:21 PM
In general, it is really a blackline rule to prohibit a pattern that might otherwise change the playing characteristics of a racquet. In actuality, a single misweave may not do that but it is difficult to tell when the "slippery slope" would start. Hence, the rule prohibits a non-compliant pattern.

It should not hurt the racquet however. Depending on where the misweave is on the pattern, it may shorten string life as it may tend to move more.

themitchmann
04-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes, the pattern of the racquet must have consistent intersection of the mains and crosses...a misweave ruins this.

And yes, a misweave may allow additional string movement and possibly shorten string life.

brownbearfalling
04-20-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't really worry about misweaves. If i do it myself, I cut out the strings. I obiviously don't use gut. If you found a misweave from a job from another stringer, it is good practice that the restring your racket with no extra charge. Misweaves are pretty easy to spot.
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

zacinnc78
04-20-2008, 04:34 AM
do misweaves hurt your racket

no .....will they bug the crap out of you ?yes

themitchmann
04-20-2008, 05:07 AM
If you found a misweave from a job from another stringer, it is good practice that the restring your racket with no extra charge. Misweaves are pretty easy to spot.

Yes, if I misweaved a customer's racquet, I would expect to string it again, or give them a refund.

cujays
04-20-2008, 06:45 AM

it drive me crazy

Loco4Tennis
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM

it drive me crazy

this remind me of this persian rug maker, who would do these expensive ruggs, i guess you could say he was so good at it he was well sought after for them, but anyways he would always miss weave one of the strands at the end on purpose, he said he did this because only god is perfect, and he did not want his "perfect carpet" to rival that

reason i mentioned this is so you guys can say the same thing when someone points a miss weave on your racquets :-) ,,, or not,,, im only one cup of coffee into the day :-)

Zhou
04-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah but you can come back and say your knot tying isn't perfect therefore leading to an imperfect restringing.

cujays
04-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah but you can come back and say your knot tying isn't perfect therefore leading to an imperfect restringing.

i dont understand what youre saying
sorry

Zhou
04-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I am commenting about loco4tennis' comment.

Loco4Tennis
04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
yeah, im also not clear on the comment also, the missweave does not mean the knots are incorrect, i guess they could be but thats another issue

zacinnc78
04-20-2008, 03:44 PM
and also if the missweave is toward the outer part of the string it has even less effect than if it was right in the sweetspot....and even then it probably wouldnt effect anything...that being said ,it would bug me so bad i would have to get it redone soon lol