PDA

View Full Version : Big Ace 1.25 Vs Cyber Power 1.25

jman
04-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Alright, tested both these strings. strung at 55lbs, and here are my initial thoughts.

Comfort/Softness: Big Ace
Power: Cyber Power
Spin: Big Ace
Touch: Big Ace

So I guess Big Ace is the winner. However, will still have to test them as a hybrid. I'm going to hybrid with Gosen Sheep Micro 1.25 in the crosses and mains, and see how it goes.
The poly's are sweet by themselves, but I think a hybrid will give my shots more dimension. Found Cyber Power to be just a little harsher on the arm compared to Big Ace.

nickb
04-20-2008, 03:37 AM
Thats strange that you found CyberPower harsher than Big Ace....its the softer string of the 2 (by a long way)...its in the top 3 most comfortable polys (with Poly polar) IMO. I would also give the edge to CyberPower for touch...

Each to their own!

PROTENNIS63
04-20-2008, 05:14 AM
I would agree with your opinion, but I feel Cyber Power to be too mushy and way too powerful for me. Big Ace is better for spin though.

jman
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Alright, tested both these strings. strung at 55lbs, and here are my initial thoughts.

Comfort/Softness: Big Ace
Touch: Big Ace

So I guess Big Ace is the winner. However, will still have to test them as a hybrid. I'm going to hybrid with Gosen Sheep Micro 1.25 in the crosses and mains, and see how it goes.
The poly's are sweet by themselves, but I think a hybrid will give my shots more dimension. Found Cyber Power to be just a little harsher on the arm compared to Big Ace.

Okay, so i've had abit of time to play with both strings and a change of heart:

Comfort/Softness: Cyber Power
Touch: Cyber Power

Have just ordered some more Cyber Power, massive fan of this string.
I've also ordered some 'Poly Polar'. What are the differences between the two? Are they the same string?

Ljubicic for number1
05-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Okay, so i've had abit of time to play with both strings and a change of heart:

Comfort/Softness: Cyber Power
Touch: Cyber Power

Have just ordered some more Cyber Power, massive fan of this string.
I've also ordered some 'Poly Polar'. What are the differences between the two? Are they the same string?

No the only thing cyber power and poly polar have in common is they are both blue and both soft, they play completely different from one another.

jman
05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Sounds like you have played with both. Which do you think is the better string?

Ljubicic for number1
05-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Sounds like you have played with both. Which do you think is the better string?

Well string choice is a very personal preference thing and my preferences seem to differ from most on this board.
But for me poly polar is a very unique string, it has to be strung relatively tight compared to other polys but offers a feel that is just not available in any other string.
Lots of polys are soft but polar is soft without the sponge/mushy feel that most soft polys have. It still has crispness. It is a string that fits directly in between a syn gut and poly.

Cyber power does nothing for me in a full job, havent tried hybriding it yet.

Jman, I noticed you are from Australia, where did you order the strings from?

jman
05-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey, I ordered my Cyber Power from 'stringsdepotplus'

I strung my Cyber Power at 55lbs and had great results with it. Are you saying with the ploy polar to string it a little tighter because of it's softness?? Would 55lbs be too low??

Could you recommend me a synthetic gut string to hybrid with either CP or PP. One that is arm friendly.

Ljubicic for number1
05-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey Jman, I sent you a email,

I would string the polar a couple of pounds higher than cyberpower as it drops tension quicker. Polar will not last nearly as long as cyberpower.

For a syn gut cross pro supex titan gut is soft and very economical.