PDA

View Full Version : Prince NXG Mid Plus Grommet

Slaz
01-09-2005, 04:00 AM
I saw that TW was selling grommet for the NXG model (which is grommetless normally).

Have someone tested it ?

What does it change to the stick in term of weight, balance, string durability ?

El Diablo
01-09-2005, 05:29 AM
I've seen a so-called "grommet set" for this racquet -- it was replacements for the head guard and piece under the throat that come on the original racquet; not actual grommets.

Slaz
01-09-2005, 07:58 AM
It's not what i expected then.

Too bad, i could have bought this stick if i could have put grommets on it :)

LoveThisGame
01-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Slaz,

Don't let that stop you from buying it!

Slaz
01-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Actually, i like everything about that raquet exept the fact that it's a stringbreaker !

I demo-tested it, and i broke string 2 times. So it's gonna cost me a lot if i play with the NXG :(

Too bad, he could have been a great second raquet coupled with my Diablo MP.

devilish_duke
01-09-2005, 12:24 PM
I used a hybrid Babolat Pro hurricane 17 in the mains and head fibergel 17 in the crosses strung tight. It's been going strong for about 5 months now and still feels great. You might wanna try this combo or get some soft poly strings.

Slaz
01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I used a hybrid Babolat Pro hurricane 17 in the mains and head fibergel 17 in the crosses strung tight. It's been going strong for about 5 months now and still feels great. You might wanna try this combo or get some soft poly strings.

When i tested the NXG, it was with Duraflex Synthtic Gut 17. Maybe i should "re-give" the raquet a try with a 16 gauge string (maybe 15).

Have any other person encoutered problem with string-breakage or at the contrary, was the string durability OK wit the NXG ?

Please tell me, i'm lost ...

Slaz
01-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Ok, a little up to say that I re-demo-tested the NXG with the "Prince Duraflex Synthetic Gut 15" and it works just fine !

I played 6 hours since I made the change, and no breackage :D

I really think i'm going to buy a little sister (the NXG) to my Diablo MP ;)