PDA

View Full Version : Same Rackets, different grip sizes?

SpinningForehand
04-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Do any of you guys own the 2 or more of the same rackets and have them in different grip sizes? I have an o3 tour midsize, in the 4 1/4 grip. I like the grip feel with an overgrip, but then it gets too big. I am about to buy another o3 tour midsize, but don't know which grip size to get. I am afraid that if i go down to 4 1/8 with an overgrip that i won't be able to switch between the rackets without adjusting. So, should i get a 4 1/4 or 4 1/8? Is it hard to adjust between the same rackets that are a grip size lower or higher?

Thank you

Zhou
04-20-2008, 08:11 AM
That is a tricky question. It is all about personal preference. I would check out the 4 1/8 with an overgrip and see how you like it. If it is too small, your better off just getting the 4 1/4.

Have you tried overgripping your racket tighter? That might thin it out for you.

JMS
04-20-2008, 08:11 AM
I think it would be difficult to switch between racquets with different grip sizes in the middle of a match.

Nitro
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
You definitely cannot switch grip sizes mid-match. Enlarge the smaller grip using a heat-shrink sleeve.

tennis_guy
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
IMO I don't think there should be any compromise when it comes to grip size.

I normally use a 4 3/8 with an overgrip on top. I tried 4 1/4 in the past and the racket kept twisting a lot.. it was just too small. I've tired 4 1/2 plus an overgrip and I felt like I couldn't grip hard enough. I think there's a comfort zone to be found.