PDA

View Full Version : where to add weight and how much to recieve more power on your shots?

samtheman981
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Where should I add weight and how much to recieve more power on my shots. i am using a head flexpoint mp 4.5 baseliner

mattyc
04-20-2008, 01:37 PM
12 oclock.

but be careful as too much with slow your swing speed down and have a reverse effect.

Max Winther
04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I would do 1-2 layers from 10 all the way to 2 so that you stretch the sweetspot upwards and add more weight. What flexpoint are you using?

samtheman981
04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
radical..........

choth21
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm the same level as you, and I put lead weight at 10 and 2 o'clock positions. I add two strips each at about 2" at each position, and am really happy with this set up.

I use a Dunlop AG 300.

user92626
04-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Does this (adding weight) increase swing speed, thus more power?

dakels
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Does this (adding weight) increase swing speed, thus more power?
Adding weight increases swing weight, not swing speed. Swing speed is all up to you. As a reaction to the added weight you may adjust by swinging faster, but again it's up to you, you may initially slow down from the weight before you adjust. What weight does directly, is help drive through the ball more, create better stability due to more mass. - Others can answer this better then I can.

I don't generally think, weight will give you much more power. It depends greatly on your swing and shot. If you were not driving through the ball well, then this might make a big difference. To my knowledge, lowering tension and string changes often make a bigger impact on power then adding weight. The biggest component to power is of course your swing and form, then racquet. Since your racquet is already on the heavier side, stock, I'd be more concerned with deriving power from form (stepping in, rotation, longer swing, better prep).

obnoxious2
04-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't generally think, weight will give you much more power. It depends greatly on your swing and shot. If you were not driving through the ball well, then this might make a big difference. To my knowledge, lowering tension and string changes often make a bigger impact on power then adding weight. The biggest component to power is of course your swing and form, then racquet. Since your racquet is already on the heavier side, stock, I'd be more concerned with deriving power from form (stepping in, rotation, longer swing, better prep).

That isn't true. I use a ncode from like 2 years ago so I don't even remember the name of it. But it comes in at around 11.6 oz strung or so. I used my friends wilson which is an once heavier and I was hitting the balls with so much more pace without losing the precision.

qiliu
04-21-2008, 11:17 AM
With fixed swing speed, adding weight (more mass) especially in the head of the racquet will increase power. However, too much weight will usually slow down one's swing speed. As a result, it may even decrease power if more swing speed is lost than the benefit of adding weight.

samtheman981
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
where do u add weight for more spin