PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION TripleB

Coria
01-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Dude, I don't know if you've bought your "holy grail" Yonex RDX 500 MP's yet. If you haven't--stop!! Please do yourself the favor of hitting with the Pro X1 first. You'll simply be better informed (not that there is much you don't know about tennis rackets already :) )

It's one great stick and if you felt you could play well with the RDX mid, you'll have no problem with this 95 square inch racket.

Comparing the two specs, you have the 98 compared to the 95 with the Pro X1. they both have the 27 length and 8 points head lightness. The Pro X1 has a 16 X 18 sp, compared to 16X19---I've found the Slaz. imparts spin as well or better than the Yonex.

I find the X1 to offer a bit more pop than the RDX MP and I think it's a bette serve and volleying stick. It's a tad stiffer, but not much. It has more of a "classic" feel (graphite and kevlar) and they both have the same swing weight. Since you are lead taping your Yonex, you probably wouldn't have to with the X1 as it's strung weight is right at that 12 oz. mark.

Check it out before you commit the dollars. You might still stay with your Yonex RDX, but will have even more peace of mind. That way, instead of looking for your Holy Grail again by the summer, you might not be looking until next year :). Peace.

schaefferm46
01-09-2005, 06:49 AM
i have tried the x1 but i felt like the of center shots were not very good but besides for that it was a good racket

Coria
01-09-2005, 07:23 AM
do you mind if I ask what level you're rated? It's not intended as any offense.

Coria
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Where are you TripleB? I wanted to keep this high up on the threads so you don't miss it. :)

ferrari_827
01-10-2005, 06:13 AM
I'm sure the X1 is an excellent racket Coria. When rackets get as good as RDX, X1, or Prestige, it's just a matter of what feels better, and suits your mechanics better. What improves a stroke for some may be worse for others.

For example, I can't play worth a dime with the Wilson HPS6.1 and it feels horrible to me. Ditto the POG. But then I can do all sorts of things with Yonexes like the RDTi70 long and RDX500mid which others find demanding.

equinox
01-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Dude, I don't know if you've bought your "holy grail" Yonex RDX 500 MP's yet. If you haven't--stop!!
This sounds like great advice coria. It couldn't hurt TripleB trying out one more racquet. Just to be on the safe side.