PDA

View Full Version : narrow down the strings, but what next

samtheman981
04-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I am starting to narrow down my string search. I am a 4.5 baseliner with a Head Radical MP. If any one has suggestions on what to try next, this would hlep greatly. Here is what i have found so far:

I do not like Big Banger Ace 18 because I dont get enough power with this string, however I was hitting great with it for the first hour and a half. Then a few days later. The string went dead and had no pop and felt to controlled. And i found out I am not great at generating my own pace.

I like Prince Synthetic Gut Multi because I gives me nice pace and power but is still controlled. It also has decent spin too, durability might be an issue but not right now since I am not playing that much and dont hit with too much spin.

I do not like Technibre X1 Biaphase or NRG2 because the X1 felt great when playing for the first time, but it did not last. At first hit, it has great spin, power, control but after that I got no pop at all and control wasnt even great either. As for the NRG2, it was to controlled and gave absolutely NO spin at all.

I do not like BB ALU/NXT hybrid because this also felt good at first hit but then went dead. Typical, of BB if not restringing everytime like the pros.

So where to next? I was thinking maybe trying some synthetic guts for power or even going for a NXT or someother syn/multi/gut for mains/BB crosses. Any other suggestions or feedback would be great since I am kinda stuck. should I try some other polys or just bag it? syn gut? federer hybrid?

nickb
04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Full natural gut...it wont go dead, has a load of power and grips the ball like poly.

chess9
04-20-2008, 02:51 PM
BB Ace should be strung around 50-52 in a 90 sq.inch racquet if you want a smidgeon of power. You probably had it at 55 or so? I'm guessing. It's a fabulous string, IMHO, and not too bad on the arm.

On the down side, if you are a hard hitter, it will last only one to two weeks, MAX. I had one set last me about 4 hours. :)

Next to gut, it would be my preference for a string.

-Robert

samtheman981
04-20-2008, 05:18 PM
na 50 lbs........

supermario343
04-20-2008, 05:49 PM
My Big Ace and Blue Gear is strung at 51 on my K90 .