PDA

View Full Version : Main skips

Zach
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
When stringing the Dire Desire ATW pattern as YU calls it, does it matter how many skips you have?

YULitle
04-20-2008, 03:59 PM
It is better to use this pattern with only a few skips, but technically it can be done with any skip setup.

jim e
04-20-2008, 04:57 PM
YULitle:
Technically would it not be best if when you start the crosses on the long side string, to start on the 3rd cross, continue the crosses to bottom, except for the last cross, then go atw to bottom again,then do last cross, that way, the top cross and the bottom cross were the tie off strings, and the racquet would be most symmetrical?

Zhou
04-20-2008, 05:25 PM
He mentions that in his video if I read your post correctly.

YULitle
04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
YULitle:
Technically would it not be best if when you start the crosses on the long side string, to start on the 3rd cross, continue the crosses to bottom, except for the last cross, then go atw to bottom again,then do last cross, that way, the top cross and the bottom cross were the tie off strings, and the racquet would be most symmetrical?

Yeah, I kind of mention that in the video. This is the way that I do my ATW.

Zach
04-20-2008, 06:51 PM
It is better to use this pattern with only a few skips, but technically it can be done with any skip setup.

Can it be done on an AeroproDrive, which is 16x19 with the skip at 8h and 8t?

YULitle
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Can it be done on an AeroproDrive, which is 16x19 with the skip at 8h and 8t?

Yes, it can be done, with varying amounts of grace, on any racquet. The issue I have is how much string is in the grommet channel on the outside of the frame. What I'd try with that one is a half box pattern half Dire Desire. I'd string all the main except the second to last on each side. Take the short side over on the second cross and tie off (this may require a starting clamp to anchor until a hole is available.) Then take the longside and do the third cross down to the second to last cross. Then go up the last main (which is locationally the second to last) on whatever side it ends up on, across the top cross, down the last main, and then over on the last cross (last overall and last locationally.) Tie off. :D

Zach
04-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes, it can be done, with varying amounts of grace, on any racquet. The issue I have is how much string is in the grommet channel on the outside of the frame. What I'd try with that one is a half box pattern half Dire Desire. I'd string all the main except the second to last on each side. Take the short side over on the second cross and tie off (this may require a starting clamp to anchor until a hole is available.) Then take the longside and do the third cross down to the second to last cross. Then go up the last main (which is locationally the second to last) on whatever side it ends up on, across the top cross, down the last main, and then over on the last cross (last overall and last locationally.) Tie off. :D

Hmm. . . Maybe I'll just stick with the universal ATW. Less work:)

jim e
04-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I kind of mention that in the video. This is the way that I do my ATW.

I now see that, I did not realise that you remade that video and mentioned that in your updated version, as I have downloaded all your origional ones into my computer,(the videos of you using the TF 7000), as that is what I usually view.(will eventually make a dvd from them at some time when I have the time).I never went back to see you changed some of your you tube videos. Thanks!!! Jim