PDA

View Full Version : Whats Technifibre's future look like?

feyya
04-20-2008, 06:38 PM
As stated above^^^^^

40Love
04-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Will be something to watch close as Paul Zalatoris has left the company. He had many years of racket development under his belt.

feyya
04-21-2008, 05:05 AM
i
got the prefered package from him. Can i still send it in?

herosol
04-21-2008, 05:55 AM
selling more and more strings
stringing more and more strings

AHH! Why doesn't tecnfibre innovate its paintjobs. They are all the same and very bland, in the sense it isn't changed :[

iplaybetter
04-21-2008, 06:11 AM
no the paint is clean classic and sharp

feyya
04-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Anyone know about my question?

Stan
04-21-2008, 06:58 AM
I just got off the phone with my friends at the Psychic Friends Network. Word among this group of knowers is that Technifibre will continue to psuedo innovate in the area of tennis strings and amazingly will stay fairly stable in terms of market share. The machine sales will plateau and eventually decline. Technifibre will struggle mightily in terms of racquet production and the racquet line will be dropped completely within 2 years.

feyya
04-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I just got off the phone with my friends at the Psychic Friends Network. Word among this group of knowers is that Technifibre will continue to psuedo innovate in the area of tennis strings and amazingly will stay fairly stable in terms of market share. The machine sales will plateau and eventually decline. Technifibre will struggle mightily in terms of racquet production and the racquet line will be dropped completely within 2 years.

I contacted them and i got a different answer :confused:. Damn psychics.....

Duzza
04-21-2008, 07:07 AM
What do you mean their future? I think people might start spelling Tecnifibre correctly soon?

feyya
04-21-2008, 07:26 AM
I mean in regards of them staying long term such as Wilson, Prince, etc.

ollinger
04-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Stan may have a point. The only Tecnifibre racquets I've ever seen, either on a court or in a store, are my own.

nickb
04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Anyone know about my question?

No one can really answer your question....unless they have a time machine.

IMO Tecnifibre are not doing that well...ive never seen a T-Fight in person!

iplaybetter
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
i think as a brand they are doing ok, their strings are sick, and i love their rackets and a lot of people like them, the have a lot of pro's they just need to have a breakthrough player

grass_hopper
04-21-2008, 08:03 AM
they have one of the best string on X-one biphase. I don't know if their racquet making is ever going to make it big unless two of the top 5 players in the world switch to them. Nadal and raddic did a ton of good fro babolat.

roddick89
04-21-2008, 08:06 AM
I hope they stay around for a long time, i love thier strings but i dont know much about their rackets, heard alot of good things about them, maybe they could give player packages easily then the word would spread about how good they are!!

tbini87
04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
i have also noticed that NO ONE else around here uses tecnifibre, and they kind of look at me funny when they see that it is my racquet of choice. they say "do you ACTUALLY like that racquet?". despite how great i say it is they think it is funny. so as far as racquets i don't think they will be breaking through anytime soon, but having someone like tips play so well against fed couldn't hurt. i just hope they keep making their sticks, i love them.

feyya
04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
If i liked there rackets would it be smart to accept the prefered package though?

nickb
04-21-2008, 09:50 AM
i think as a brand they are doing ok, their strings are sick, and i love their rackets and a lot of people like them, the have a lot of pro's they just need to have a breakthrough player

Their strings are over priced...

tigg2109
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
i think the racquets are great. got mine a few weeks ago and it has been awesome. i love the power.

the Town Sherif
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
i think the future looks bright....gotta wear shades...

Carlito
04-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Technifibre strings have been around for a while now and from what I unnderstand sell fairly well. Personally I think they are one of the top 3 string companies.

As for technifibre's future as a string company, I think it will be as good as it is now for a long time.

But for racquets, Im not so sure. Just look at the company's name: Technifibre; doesn't it just sound like a string company. I just don't think they do enough to market and distribute rackets. And this may be good or it maybe bad. You hear alot about companys that try to expand into other products and it doesn't work out well. Either it cuts into profits or quality.

If you look at babolat, they did a great job transitioning into selling rackets when they were primarily a string company. But gamma focuses on strings and I don't think their racquet line will ever fly. Still a good string company none the less. Time will tell for technifibre. But I don't think their rackets offer anything that other rackets on the market don't already offer. There good rackets but why not just buy a head or wilson. When babolat strated to sell rackets, they offered someting slightly new to the market.

babolat15
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
paul left. oh no

chiapants226
04-21-2008, 04:51 PM
i have also noticed that NO ONE else around here uses tecnifibre, and they kind of look at me funny when they see that it is my racquet of choice. they say "do you ACTUALLY like that racquet?". despite how great i say it is they think it is funny. so as far as racquets i don't think they will be breaking through anytime soon, but having someone like tips play so well against fed couldn't hurt. i just hope they keep making their sticks, i love them.

i use a tecnifibre!!! :p

iplaybetter
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM

you make a good point, there not as bad as wilson though

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM
i want a technifiber racquet so badly! also with pro supex big ace red.

Noveson
04-21-2008, 08:53 PM

How are they over priced? They sell very well, therefore they aren't overpriced.

GiveMeGut
04-22-2008, 05:19 AM
We had one dealer locally who picked up TF racquets when they were first released and really tried to sell them for about a year. They finally dropped the line because they just didn't sell. I am a stringer and carried Tecnifibre strings for years. But its the one string that has never really developed a loyal following with my customers. I have since dropped all their strings with the exception of X-One, but I only stock a few sets and no longer reccommend it.

Bubba
04-22-2008, 05:55 AM
TF is in a a bit of trouble... there marketing is really bad and outside of their strings, they have a really tough time creating positive image and customer pull.

My crystal ball forecast is that they limp along for a while longer and then will work a deal to be acquired by another company. More than likely the racquets will not survive and what they sell off will be their strings and related technologies.

I would look for either Wilson (or it's parent company), Prince, or more likely - Babolat to buy the value pieces.

I need to stock up on X-1!

iplaybetter
04-22-2008, 07:53 AM
the string will stay, the rackets mite fall but the strings are here to stay, i guess i need to stock up on 335's

babolatking
04-22-2008, 08:15 AM

IMO, they are cheaper than babolat, love pro red though

f1 tech
04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
HEY GUYS! You are spelling TECNIFIBRE wrong!!!

ollinger
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Their sales approach can be confusing, with a group of virtually identical racquets in a color at least some won't like, and irrational distinctions they make among Fight, Flash and Feel. (Why is the heavy, headlight series not considered good for volleying in their promotional material?)

bluetrain4
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
TF racquet licensing rights will get purchased by a larger brand (Prince, Wilson, Head), who will still sell them as TF, though manufacturing will be at the same plant(s) as where the larger brand's frames are made.

TF itself will still control TF strings, which is where they really make their money.

I don't know why we don't see more of this, i.e., one company controlling multiple brands (remember Dunlop/Slazenger). It would enable the company to have more market share and the broad range of products would attract more consumers since not everyone wants one particular brand.

This is all, of course, a random guess.

Nitro
04-22-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't know why we don't see more of this, i.e., one company controlling multiple brands (remember Dunlop/Slazenger). It would enable the company to have more market share and the broad range of products would attract more consumers since not everyone wants one particular brand.

Well Wilson/Luxilon is a pretty good example of that I would think. You are right though. You see more and more of that in sports these days.

nickb
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
you make a good point, there not as bad as wilson though

No but for what you get they are not good value...

nickb
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
How are they over priced? They sell very well, therefore they aren't overpriced.

Gamma strings sell well...mostly to people who dont have a clue what they are buying in Pro Shops.

They might sell well but they are still over priced.

bluetrain4
04-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Well Wilson/Luxilon is a pretty good example of that I would think. You are right though. You see more and more of that in sports these days.

You learn something every day. I didn't know that Wilson/Luxilon were controlled by the same entity.