PDA

View Full Version : To all yonex experts... SRD Tour question

nazz11
04-21-2008, 04:05 AM
I saw 3 yonex SUPER RD TOUR 90(SL3 4 3/8) and a SUPER RD TOUR 95(SL2 4 1/4) in a local superstore this afternoon
all brand new with plastic.... AND.....

has SP on the throat as well...

I've seen non-SP version (normal version?) on the bay couple of times... They look exactly the same.. (color wise at least) Oh... all of the racquets are STRUNG... the 95 with some green 15Lg-ish string and the 90 with white 16g strings... they costs around US$160 (latest currency)... (Im somewhere in Asia)

Questions:
1)What's an SP version... asian spec? cheaper version? they have that on badminton raquets as well..
2)Are they for real? I mean they are factory strung... Isn't that for cheap raquets? MY country is FULL of fake racquets... have you guys seen a 100" nblade? I have!! They're bloody CHEAP tho..

****** Longer version... ***************

My usual racquet is a Microgel Extreme Pro strung with PolyForce Ori @59 which I dearly love... I borrowed my friends Yonex the other day.. just to hit for fun.. it was a Super RD Tour Junior 25" with a 95 head... and to sum it all

... IT PLAYS LIKE... BUTTER!! NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT!!

I just looooooooove the feel out of that raquet... even with the factory strings it had(+ my babolat dampener) i really enjoyed hitting it... It complements my style of play... I was ripping on both flanks like i played it for years... it had everything... topspin, wicked slice, 1hbh at will (except for serve obviously) and it's only a 25" length... I was thinking.. the standard size of this would be killer...

I was in the market for a players' raquet with a small head and lower power than my MEP... so to me this seals the deal.. my next racquet is a YONEX! So that started my hunt for the Super RD Tour ...

PS... pardon the engrish... it's not perfect.. :)