PDA

View Full Version : Come to the Darkseid Luke

jorel
04-21-2008, 05:22 AM
I admit that I have succumbed to the darkside........namely the PD with poly combo

but after using the Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 18x20 strung with Gut this past weekend... i think i might be tempted to rejoin the Jedi Night Alliance again. The feel was so nice and I was keeping with groundstrokes not with power so much as feel... it was a nice feeling... my volleys had more touch and i could actually feel and direct shots rather than just pounding the snot out of every single ball

i really feel like the PD is the darkside
no feeling, no touch, just way angry ball busting power.... hit it as hard as you can and dont worry about touch

BTW Star Wars is showing every weekend on Spike TV a different episode every week

I think I am back from the darkside Obi wan (ill keep you posted)

Duzza
04-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Stick with it if you have no physical pains from playing tennis. For me the pain did not outweigh the performance, but if it did...well...

FH2FH
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Do not use your anger young Jedi. Babolat, I mean, the darkside wants you to give in to that power. It isn't worth losing all feeling is it?

lol, I'm going through the same thing. I felt like I had the ball on a string after going back to a flexible, HL racquet this weekend.

FH2FH
04-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Also... one thing you can do, one thing I remembered that I like, is string a lower powered racquet very low to have a big 'ole sweetspot and extra pop when you need it. A powerful racquet only strings so tight before it's uncomfortable. It also has less feeling and playability for delicate shots that way.