PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Ozone Pro Tour

BMG
04-21-2008, 06:55 AM
I have been stringing my own frames for a couple of years without a problem but am considering buying an Ozone Pro Tour and have heard some horror stories re: stringing frames with O-Ports. I did a search and have seen mention of boomerangs, inserting holes, hard grommets, locking turntable, etc. and simply want to know how simple it is to string these frames and if I will need extra tools or training to make it happen. I really enjoyed hitting with this frame over the past couple of weeks but have concerns re: stringing them at home. Thanks for any advice!

IanRichardson
04-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I have never strung that frame, but I have strung close to 50 03 tour frames on a klippermate. I use a boomerang tool, but if you watch yulitle's videos he shows other methods to do it. Personally I think that 03's are really easy to string. It is definitely something you can learn to do if you have been stringing a while. I was apprehensive at first as I had only strung about 10 frames before my first 03 experience.

I say just go for it, with the videos currently available I think you will be fine.

nickb
04-21-2008, 07:42 AM
They are easy....if you can find a boomerang tool then even easier.

ARNICOLINI
04-21-2008, 09:48 AM
agree with both above.

I strung about 20 times before my first O3. Just take your time the way you would with any racket you have not strung before and you will be fine. I came from a racket that had conventional grommets so the O ports eliminated finding the grommet hole, and there is no resistance when pulling the excess string through.

I am on a Klippermate, and while they do have some pre drilled holes and a pin where you can lock the table in a couple positions it was not enough to use in lieu of the boomerang. I ordered the boomerang right away so I have never tried YuLitle's method.

hit2mybh
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
stringing an O3 is no big deal. It is pretty much the same as any racquet. A turn-table lock is nice to have, but not a must. The MUST is knowing your shortside. If you mess this up once, you will probably always remember from then on to look for it.

Vitaly Evchenkov
04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
i strung my first Ozone racquet... and the "ports" were no problem.
I had a couple nasty blocked holes in some of the small grommet holes though. Took me a while to string because of it.
It was an OZONE ONE OS.

Racket-Junkie
04-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I just started stringing my own rackets, I have two sp tours, and after doing it a few times I string them just as fast as traditional rackets. The key is finding what works for you on the crosses, for me, I have a gamma progression II and the large alan wrench blocks the ports perfectly.