PDA

View Full Version : How clean are Monfils strokes?

flyer
04-21-2008, 07:09 AM
They seem to be pretty clean but I have never seen him in person and I was just kind of curious how clean his strokes are.....?

roddick89
04-21-2008, 07:11 AM
i've never seen him in person but i'm assuming his strokes a very clean, especially the FH, hes got the biggest ever recorded i think. That might be on YouTube.

el sergento
04-21-2008, 07:29 AM
If set up his strokes are sound. But with his defensive style he's often out of position and will more often than not have to muscle the ball. He's not a pretty player to watch IMO.

GeorgeLucas
04-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Cleaner than my body after a shower

anointedone
04-21-2008, 09:08 AM
His strokes suck and his technique is horrible. Hitting one or two fluke huge forehands doesnt mean anything, most of them are loopy are poorly struck. His only attribute is his great athletic ability and his big serve. His groundstrokes and everything else about his game sucks, his court positioning is horrible, and he doesnt have the faintest clue how to construct points.

Djokovicfan4life
04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
His strokes suck and his technique is horrible. Hitting one or two fluke huge forehands doesnt mean anything, most of them are loopy are poorly struck. His only attribute is his great athletic ability and his big serve. His groundstrokes and everything else about his game sucks, his court positioning is horrible, and he doesnt have the faintest clue how to construct points.

A pro with horrible strokes? Are you really serious? I sure hope not, dude.

anointedone
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM

I am comparing him to other pros, not comparing him to club players of course. If we were comparing pros to club players we would gush about them all endlessly which would be stupid. Compared to other pros his strokes and technique suck, compared to almost everyone in the top 100, and people gush about him only because of his athletic ability.

rtyd1
04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Thats a great summary of Monfils anointedone

Vision84
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM

How would you describe Santoro?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I saw him practice in Miami back in 2006 and his strokes were decent at best, but not clean. But, I have to agree he is an incredible athlete, basketball would have been a better choice.

Uh what?

I think you're selling yourself short there buddy. :lol:

futuretoptenner
04-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I think it's harsh to say that Monfils doesn't hit the ball cleanly in comparison to other pros. One only has to watch his 2007 Australian Open run to see the talent his has. He has yet to fully utilize it .

Djokovicfan4life
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
How would you describe Santoro?

He's got unorthodox strokes for sure, but let's not forget that he can compete with the best of them. Check this clip, he hits a great passing shot off of his forehand side, believe it or not! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzwNd2BWGw&feature=related

Nadal_Freak
04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Monfils relies too much on rhythm. The ball has to come to him very slowly and up high for him to feel comfortable. Too many times he is rushed and he sucks at taking the ball early. A very poor man's Nadal.

GRANITECHIEF
04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Clean enough to win 1st round of Monte Carlo against a tough opponent (in most years).

el sergento
04-21-2008, 01:32 PM

You sir, need to change soap.:)

anointedone
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
I think it's harsh to say that Monfils doesn't hit the ball cleanly in comparison to other pros. One only has to watch his 2007 Australian Open run to see the talent his has. He has yet to fully utilize it .

His run to the 3rd round you mean? Yeah that is some career highlight. :rolleyes: