PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet

PKay86
04-21-2008, 07:44 AM
I am a college tennis player and have not looked at new rackets for a while. I am currently using the Head Radical Microgel Pro but am looking to switch to a different stick.

I am interested in trying the Nadal Stick, however the Open (16/19) string pattern, will have me breaking strings in around 15 minutes...unless I use Kevlar.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this problem?

Also, does Nadal really use that stick? and if so, does anyone know exactly how he weighs it down? It seems like a very powerful stick for such a strong guy.

I am also looking at the Technifibre T Fight 335 and the Babolat Tour Storm LTD... I am trying to decide between a more classic players frame like the Storm tour and the T Fight and a more power oriented racket like Nadals or the blue Babo... Either way, regardless of the stick I get I will be weighing it down to about 12.8 oz's.

Also, what is Moya's situation? what kind of weight is he adding to his Blue Babo?

Any insite? Doe most players prefer buying a powerful stick and weighing it down to add control or do most prefer buying a p[layers stick and adding weight to add pop?

All over the place... all responses welcome.

Thanks.

-kk

captinsane903
04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I can only answer one question. I'm pretty sure Nadal just uses a paint job of the APDC. I think he uses the APD w/o cortex.

Matty G
04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
15 mins unles kevlar??Nadal doesnt break poly in 15 mins du u hit with more spin than him??Nadal uses the old aero pro with the cortex paint..I cant rem da exact weight but i dont think that he adds that much hey

Matty G
04-21-2008, 07:56 AM
I can only answer one question. I'm pretty sure Nadal just uses a paint job of the APDC. I think he uses the APD w/o cortex.

Damb you beat me to it

PKay86
04-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm sure Nadal would break strings as fast if he didn't switch rackets every 20 minutes.

I dunno what my deal is... im hitting a very heavy ball as a division 1 college tennis player who is 6'1 190.

fuzz nation
04-21-2008, 09:27 AM
You might consider researching or demoing the Volkl C10 Pro - it weighs in around where you like and I think it's a nice "bridge" between older and newer designs. For my 4.0-4.5 skills, I think it's an excellent all court performer that I can hit with comfortably from the baseline or up at net. Love serving with it, too.

If the flex is too soft, you could also check on the Prince Hybrid Tour. My Babolat experience is almost nil, but I really dig these two frames.

rocket
04-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Any insite? Doe most players prefer buying a powerful stick and weighing it down to add control or do most prefer buying a p[layers stick and adding weight to add pop?

All over the place... all responses welcome.

Thanks.

-kk

Here's my "insite": you don't need a new racquet, but you do need a new username. You're no Div I player. You like to sound "knowledgeable", but you haven't got a clue.

Hitting a few wild shots while in college doesn't make you a "college player". lmao!

You're all over the place alright.