PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Absorber 98-Is it really arm friendly?

acer
01-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I can get a good deal on the Dunlop Absorber (98, the 108 isn't here) in Canada where I live. Has anyone ever tried this racquet? They say it is an arm friendly racquet. I suffer from tennis elbow and I since it is a good deal I thought It is an option. The specs seem to indicate that it wouldn't be a good racquet for tennis elbow. It is under 11 ounces and stiff at a 71 flex rating. Has anyone ever tried this racquet to help thier tennis elbow? Did it help?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Acer

Racketdesign
01-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi Acer,
I developed the Abzorber frames a few years ago for Dunlop. Dont let those specs fool you. Because of the thermo plastic bridge, the dampning qualities of the racquet are very good, and we always had great feedback from people that suffered with tennis elbow. Give it a demo if you can, you should find it very comfortable.

foucapol
05-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I have an Abzorber mp just in case my arm suffers. Twenty five percent of the Abzorber is manufactured by injection molding, which was used for the legendary Max 200G. So, its shock dampening is excellent even comparable to the Max 200G.
Concerning power, Abzorber is far better than 300G. The frame is wide and stiff and the swing weight is moderate (310). Also, the stability and power is just like Volkl V1 mps. Lastly, cheap; hard to find a good frame at such a low price.

Joe12
09-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I got in Canada too. It is a very good overall beginner-intermediate frame.