PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Control Plus - a weapon for baseline?

Racket2008
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
I have the chance to get three Babolat Pure Control Plus for just 150 Dollar. They are all tuned to the same weight. They have 6 Gramm of Silicon at 3 and 9. 339 Gramm is the weight. What do you think? I play one handed.

Its a weapon for spin-baseline?
Anyone gamble with this "old" stick?
Too much weight?

Racket2008
04-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Can anyone compare it to a POG?

user92626
04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
wow, good price. U can't go wrong with Babolat!

Are they new?

Racket2008
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
He played them twon months but have get them for free. I dont know how i like the added lead and the plus version. Hope that Gonzos Racquets plays great. ;)

McLovin
04-22-2008, 04:06 AM
I play w/ the even older 2001 PC+ "swirl" rackets, and I love them. They are stiff, heavy & solid, and have that "plow through" effect many people desire. The "newer" ones were a tad lighter & more flexible, which is probably why the added weight. $150 for 3 of them in great condition is a deal. I've seen them go for that in "7 out of 10" condition.

I'm still combing the internet auction sites looking for more of mine...

Racket2008
04-26-2008, 01:22 AM
I am playing them now and thea are very solid! Spinfriendly, very nice plow through and a lot of control-power. Anyone else with impressions?

icorp
04-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I had the pure control standard and it has a lot of pop. Very stable and solid racket. Very stiff but somehow I did not find it uncomfortable. Control is not outstanding but could be improved with polys or higher tensions.

I would think the extended length to have better spin, pop, and great on serves. Volleys would probably suffer.

[d]ragon
04-26-2008, 02:07 PM

yes u can. thats like saying u cant go wrong with wilson: can get a kzero and it;ll be all good right?
it is a good deal but hav u playe with the pure control+ before? what if u dont like it? what if the stiffness is too much? just sayin u should try them first but its ur choice

Nitro
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM

Are they new?

Now there's an intelligent comment. The Pure Storm is a control oriented stick with a nice heft and decent feel. Its a good all around stick, but you have to try it out first.

deflori
05-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Can someone write a bit more about this older stick!?

Would be nice! Should be a "secret weapon" or........

Ross K
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
A weapon for the baseline?... for sure.

I would add the caveat that PC's, though widely used, are also a very particular type of frame that many ppl cannot abide (or play with properly... ie, your topspin better be good technically speaking.) If you have the opportunity to play before buying, take it definitely.

deflori
05-28-2008, 03:55 AM
thought the same...
There must be a reason Massu,Gonzales,Ginepri,Luczak,Chela and Horna still used this stick.More Opinions would be nice.

Nellie
05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
You won't like the plus for your one-handed backhand. the extra length is good for 2h bh and serves (which is why I like the plus models).

Many babolat pros like the control. It is comfortable and has good power. It allows you to take big serves and big baseline cuts. It is a high level racquet. The sweet spot is also generous for a control racquet.

LPShanet
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I have the chance to get three Babolat Pure Control Plus for just 150 Dollar. They are all tuned to the same weight. They have 6 Gramm of Silicon at 3 and 9. 339 Gramm is the weight. What do you think? I play one handed.

Its a weapon for spin-baseline?
Anyone gamble with this "old" stick?
Too much weight?

This is a very good player's stick. Whether you like the added weight is purely a matter of personal preference, but it's pretty similar to the setup I used for over 7 years in tournament play and really liked. If possible, playtest the frames before buying, but it sounds like a good deal on a very good frame. The PC is one of Babolat's best frames ever in terms of build quality, etc, and is favored by spin players at the highest levels of the game.

LPShanet
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I play w/ the even older 2001 PC+ "swirl" rackets, and I love them. They are stiff, heavy & solid, and have that "plow through" effect many people desire. The "newer" ones were a tad lighter & more flexible, which is probably why the added weight. $150 for 3 of them in great condition is a deal. I've seen them go for that in "7 out of 10" condition.

I'm still combing the internet auction sites looking for more of mine...

I love the even older PC+, too, but your factual info is a little off. The newer versions were actually made a bit stiffer, not more flexible. But you are correct about the weight, which was lowered an average of 10g in 2003.