PDA

View Full Version : PK Update (again?)

ollinger
04-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Got in touch with someone at PK via email and was told they expect to re-launch tennis in USA in a significant way in the early summer. He seemed quite straightforward about this. He alluded to tennis and specialty shops, so I don't know how TW and other larger dealers will figure in this.

rabidcow
04-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I have given up on PK, great products, terrible marketing

ollinger
04-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't purchase marketing. If I like the product, I don't much care how they go about selling it. And PK has always had very fair prices.

treblings
04-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Also contacted them recently via e-mail about PKīs availability and plans in Europe and got a fast and good reply. I donīt care about the marketing. The product is good and their rackets are somewhat different from other companies. The kinetic system is really great for people with injury problems, and also the redondo is really special.

jazar
04-22-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't purchase marketing. If I like the product, I don't much care how they go about selling it. And PK has always had very fair prices.

you may not purchase marketing, but the fact is that nowadays not many people outside of tennis fanatics like the people on this board have heard of PK. when i'm selling raquets to customers the only time i can sell a PK is if the person has tennis elbow. it doesnt matter how nice the raquet plays, if people havent heard about it, its hard for them to get excited about it and hard to get them off the shelves

alfa164164
04-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know the name of the model and the specs of the racket that Seppi was using in Miami/Key Biscane this year?

Kevin T
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Alfa,

Not sure about the specs but I believe it has been mentioned that he uses an extended original Type C. The paint job is the new Ki5, which along with the new Black Ace, can be seen on Pk's Italian website.

rabidcow
04-23-2008, 03:36 PM
just to clarify, great products, horrible distribution??

Agent Orynge
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
On that Italian site under the section labelled 'Focus?' there appears to be a new line based on some 'Quad' technology, with a picture that has noticible bulges at the 2, 4, 8, and 10 o' clock positions.

Kevin T
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
PK's current racquetball lineup is based on the "Quad" technology. It's basically a balance/stability technology. IMHO, they are PK's best racquetball frames in a long time. Maybe it will work well for tennis?

rabidcow
04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Sometimes the European/Asian market frames dont make it into the US :(

Kevin T
04-25-2008, 07:33 AM
PK's current director of North America, Mike Martinez, is a solid dude. He is always quick to respond to emails and product issues. He was pretty much "hogtied" by all of PK's issues of the last few years. It was a function of the US company with rights to PK having cash/other issues. Now that things are running directly from PK International, I think things will be much better. PK just signed the best racquetball player in the world (was the best, out on 2 year drug suspension-but he'll be the best again) and resigned Jason Mannino, another former #1 and current top 5, so I would imagine they're doing okay. Supposedly, they will also re-enter the squash and badminton markets in early summer. Things are looking up, IMHO.

alfa164164
04-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the info on the Italian website.
Pretty sharp looking frames, and yes, the updated Ki5 paintjob appears to be what Seppi was using (at least cosmetically).
I hope these new frames will make it to the US.
I'm currently using the Ki 10 PSE and notice it is not in that line up.
I wonder if it is history.

anirut
04-25-2008, 08:02 AM
You can check my initial impressions on the new Black Ace 93 in the Redondo thread.

Kevin T
04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the info on the Italian website.
Pretty sharp looking frames, and yes, the updated Ki5 paintjob appears to be what Seppi was using (at least cosmetically).
I hope these new frames will make it to the US.
I'm currently using the Ki 10 PSE and notice it is not in that line up.
I wonder if it is history.

You bet, Alfa. Not sure about the 10PSE. I hope so, because it's a fine frame. I hope they bring in the C4-the specs look like the old Type R (one of my faves). You could email Mike Martinez (email is on the PK website) and I'm sure he could let you know. From what I understand, tennis/squash/badminton will be re-launched this summer. Great news from a great brand.

biciomac
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know the name of the model and the specs of the racket that Seppi was using in Miami/Key Biscane this year?

seppi is using a Pro Kennex Heritage Type C redondo edition 98 longbody custom made in weight and balance.
It's a Prokennex Ki 5 2008 paintjob.