PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm Tour and Pure Storm Limited

Bronc10is
04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Has anybody hit with both of these rackets? If so, have they compared? I havent come across anything while searching, maybe someone can compare the two for me.

firefox
04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
You will notice that the LTD swings lighter than the Tour, and has about 8/10 of the Tour's power level. The LTD I played with also has a more head-light balance than the Tour. IMO the LTD is much more manueverable and the reduced power allowed me to take a bigger swing at the ball - very satisfying! Mine should arrive in a couple of days. :)

Demoneye
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
omg i want i want i cant wait for it i so need to demo it seroiusly omg wth i need movtivation to win and i just joined usta. cmon i wanna have a new racket cuase this old pdr+ cortex is too light. omg omg

Mad iX
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
^ excited much?

I have the Tour. Compared to my regular frames it's got a lot of pop and spin. Good for lazy days or when I just want to work on footwork, etc.
The Limited looks interesting. I will be trying it out when I can.

tzinc
04-21-2008, 07:41 PM
omg i want i want i cant wait for it i so need to demo it seroiusly omg wth i need movtivation to win and i just joined usta. cmon i wanna have a new racket cuase this old pdr+ cortex is too light. omg omg

isnt the LTD lighter then the pdr+ cortex

bcast66
04-22-2008, 04:29 AM
isnt the LTD lighter then the pdr+ cortex

11.7 oz strung

dgoran
04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I've hit with both and out of two I liked Pure Storm Tour better because I don't like close pattern rackets and LTD in a stock form is little too light. LTD felt like bab's platform for creating a "player's"stick of one's liking.

-Goran

john cheng
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I had the chance to demo the PureStorm LTD 95 strung with conquest 16 at 61 lbs. I believe it is a decent frame. Nice finish and cosmetics.
It volleys okay, maybe a bit less precise as compared to my Volkl VE T10 mid. Also felt less feel on touch shots. About 10% more power than the volkl. Feels a tad more mute but a dampener may work well for some string vibrations that I felt. It is a manueverable frame.
Groundstrokes on both FH and BH feels muted and you have to swing really fast to get a penetrating ball. Spin relatively easy to produce on both sides. Slices are low and tight. Moderately sized sweetspot for a 95 frame. Feels a bit stiff, maybe a lower tension would be better with a multi string, 17 guage.
I struggled serving well with this stick. Really have to brush up well to get some nice action on the ball. Placement is very good though.
I have not had the chance to demo a pure storm tour so can't comment on that end. Hope this helps.