PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Prestige (Mid+, Mid) question

tennisadd1ct
04-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Is the handle of the racket really that short? Some reviews said it was to short for a two-hander....can someone give me the measurement in inches for the length (If possible)

Thanks! :)

VikingSamurai
04-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Its short........

ClubHoUno
04-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Look at this pic, and you can see it's short. Definitely too short for a two handed backhand. I use a classic one handed backhand, so I like the handle size just fine :D

Only thing I hate on my 4 Head MG Prestige rackets is the grip shape though :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P4120238.jpg

BTW the pic has been taken by Japan Chris from this board :)

Seacoast Stringer
04-22-2008, 05:13 AM
It's short but not a problem for my two-hander. I also use an overgip that goes slightly above the main grip. I notice no problems whatsoever when using it during a match. Nice frames.

Gee
04-22-2008, 05:37 AM
I replaced the Hydrosorb grip with a leather grip. It feels better now.

tennisadd1ct
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Look at this pic, and you can see it's short. Definitely too short for a two handed backhand. I use a classic one handed backhand, so I like the handle size just fine :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P4120238.jpg

BTW the pic has been taken by Japan Chris from this board :)

So saying it's too short for a two hander? Btw nice pic...but the other person said it they had a two hander and it worked fine... huh. different people have different opinions...just wondering, anyone know the grip length in inches?

Jonnyf
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
So saying it's too short for a two hander? Btw nice pic...but the other person said it they had a two hander and it worked fine... huh. different people have different opinions...just wondering, anyone know the grip length in inches?

Ofcourse they do..Different hand sizes and different spacing between players fingers for each backhand

tennisadd1ct
04-22-2008, 03:08 PM
still wondering about the grip length in inches? :P

adamvann
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
It's about 6 and 3/4" from the bottom of the handle up to the rubber collar on my MG Prestige. I have pretty big hands in addition to being a lefty. So I just buy another replacement grip, have it wrapped lefty and a little higher on the handle. Problem solved.