PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Aerogel 200 = K95?

charaseac
04-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Greetings!

I'm looking for a spare racket that is similar with my K95 18 x 20. I like the feel of my K95, its stability and its power level.

I looked around for something similar but not K95 (Just to give my game slight variation so it won't be boring but not too much difference that i have to adapt every time i switch raket)

I found the Aerogel 200. The specifications look almost the same with really slight difference in stiffness and a tad bit less weight. I demoed it out only for a day (since i was busy after that although i have 3 days on it, i cant play with it on the other 2 days) I found that the lighter weight is not that noticeable, and i like the less stiffness of dunlop. But my problem is i found that sometimes my shot goes long compared to my K95. Other than that the feel is pretty similar if not better.

For the price department i like it quite a lot. It's pretty cheap new compared to wilson and babolat (The only 2 brands i've ever tried).

I'm not sure whether the power is because of the racket (AG 200 have more power than K95) or just the string because the racket i demoed comes with some poly i can't recognize (It's white poly and they all look the same lol) and the tension is kinda low (or maybe its totally dead) due to the demo usage i guess.

So for you out there who tried both of K95 and AG200. Would you please give some comparison and opinion on these. Thanks!

sonicboi21
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
i prefer the AG200. I think overall its a better stick. If your shots go long, try switching to western, if u arent using it already. If you can adjust your game a little bit to fit the AG, you'll do great

HeadPrestige
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Greetings!

I'm looking for a spare racket that is similar with my K95 18 x 20. I like the feel of my K95, its stability and its power level.

I looked around for something similar but not K95 (Just to give my game slight variation so it won't be boring but not too much difference that i have to adapt every time i switch raket)

I found the Aerogel 200. The specifications look almost the same with really slight difference in stiffness and a tad bit less weight. I demoed it out only for a day (since i was busy after that although i have 3 days on it, i cant play with it on the other 2 days) I found that the lighter weight is not that noticeable, and i like the less stiffness of dunlop. But my problem is i found that sometimes my shot goes long compared to my K95. Other than that the feel is pretty similar if not better.

For the price department i like it quite a lot. It's pretty cheap new compared to wilson and babolat (The only 2 brands i've ever tried).

I'm not sure whether the power is because of the racket (AG 200 have more power than K95) or just the string because the racket i demoed comes with some poly i can't recognize (It's white poly and they all look the same lol) and the tension is kinda low (or maybe its totally dead) due to the demo usage i guess.

So for you out there who tried both of K95 and AG200. Would you please give some comparison and opinion on these. Thanks!

... it is HUGE difference in stiffness... the racket play completely different.

fantom
04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
If your shots go long, try switching to western, if u arent using it already.

Don't take this advice. If your shots go long, try a different racquet or string set-up. Don't adjust your strokes.

charaseac
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Lol i use semi western. Western is a bit too demanding for my arms (or maybe i just did it wrong) But yeah i demoed another 2hundred with a better string (Way better string) And it feels great. I'm used to my K95 so 2hundred weight is easy to adapt. Yeah i agree with the stiffness thing. Its quite a difference ins flexibility but not that huge. I like it.. probably couple more days and i'll get it if i think its good.

jsomrak
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I love my ag 200, i have strung it with sp hextreme and pacific gut 16l tough, I also play with a yonex rds 001 mid. I love both, if you like the dunlop you should give the yonex a try. I think you will find some of those long shots drop in with the yonex. of course a demo usually feels different due to its used up cheap strings. hope this helps more than confuses.

ClubHoUno
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Greetings!

Don't know anything about the Dunlop, but I own 4 K Factor 6.1 and I also felt like buying some other rackets, just for the fun and to experiment a bit, and I found Head MicroGel Prestige. Bought the mid plus and the Pro. Both are 98 SQ" frames, but if you place them on top and under a Wilson K factor K-6.1 95 with a 95 SQ" frame, you will discover, that the Head MicroGel Prestige 98 SQ" frames in fact are a tiny bit smaller - so you really should give either the Head MG prestige Pro or the Head MG Prestige MP a try. The MG Prestige Pro has a slightly more open string pattern. I thought it would look weird, but in fact the string pattern looks pretty dense - not open at all. The MG Prestige Pro provides me with a slightly less stiff racket, a bit more control orientated power. The MG Prestige MP reminds me even more of the K Factor K-6.1 95. It's a bit lighter and less stiff, but it plays very close to the K95 in my view. I would probably get the MG prestige Pro, so you feel you get a different racket, but it will still perform true and close to your Wilson K95.

ONLY negative ting for a Wilson user is the Head handle shape. Other than that, the Head Microgel Prestige rackets are all about quality, nice frame design, great paint job and even greater performance :D

You just can't go wrong with a Head Microgel Prestige, whether you buy the MP or the Pro version. I'm still a Wilson addict, but these new Head rackets have sent a clear signal to me. Head is as strong and great a racket brand for me now, as Wilson is.

[K]aotic
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't take this advice. If your shots go long, try a different racquet or string set-up. Don't adjust your strokes.

are u kidding me...? if your shots are going long, chances are, that something is wrong with your stroke. don't blame the racket.