PDA

View Full Version : Come on Chelsea!!!!!!!!! Chelsea for the Champions League???

Feņa14
03-24-2004, 10:49 AM
As You can guess I support Chelsea, Who do you think Is going to win the Champions League?

Arsenal, you are going down!!!

Liam

LMW
03-24-2004, 11:04 AM
What on earth are you talking about?

Feņa14
03-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Football, or as you probably call it "soccer". The Champions League is the greatest club competition in the world!

Liam

Verbal_Kint
03-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm more of an Arsenal supporter, like the way they play better. I predict AC Milan will win it.

Marnix

LMW
03-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Great, we'll all look forward to all of those 0-0 games.

Verbal_Kint
03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Then I'll keep enjoying your games where scoring means absolutely nothing.. and they give you multiple points for one goal. And stop play every ten seconds.

Marnix

Anonymous
03-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Liam, You must admit Duff's goal was lucky. Yens Lehmann coqked-up his clearance.

@wright
03-24-2004, 03:11 PM
I have a cousin named Chelsea...

Phil
03-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Then I'll keep enjoying your games where scoring means absolutely nothing.. and they give you multiple points for one goal. And stop play every ten seconds.

Yes, but don't forget that in European soccer, play stops about every 15 or 20 seconds, while some pansy takes a dive as if he's been shot point blank, and writhes on the ground for another 20 seconds before getting up and walking, perfectly fine, back into action. American football players don't stay down unless they're knocked unconscious or have a knee torn up.

Verbal_Kint
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
You've obviously been watching different soccer matches than I have..

Marnix

Phil
03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
So what I said does NOT happen? Hmmm...Wonder why, then, the officials started giving more cards for "diving"- that can't be because it's NOT much of a problem, can it?

Feņa14
03-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Newbie, The goal wasn't the best, it was the keepers fault but it was still a class finish!

Watch out at Highbury (There's only 1 Mutu!)

Marnix is also correct, you can't beat Football it's better than than American "Handball"

Liam

atatu
03-25-2004, 08:47 AM
I enjoy both American and European football. I just wish the US would win the World Cup once, it would do a lot for the popularity of the sport over here, but I doubt it will ever happend. What do you Europeans think ? Is it possible ? We've got some American players doing ok in the European leagues, maybe sometime before I die.....

Feņa14
03-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Most definetly, you have some very good players but you will need to keep on improving and getting good players for at least another 2-3 world cups but the situation is getting better(in Europe at least!)

Liam

wildmoose31
03-25-2004, 08:59 AM

Marnix

Giving Multiple points for scoring a goal only makes sense because there is more than one way to score points from 1,2,3 or 6.
Compared to a game when the clock virtually never stops except for halftime and the end, america tries to make their sports a bit more enjoyable to watch for the fans, i prefer playing soccer than i do american football but i cannot stand to watch a soccer game, little scoring and just a bunch of guys running and sliding while kicking a ball really far and then hitting it with their head. Sports such as Hockey are MUCH better sport than soccer, its exciting and fast paced, nevermind the fights and checking. I think if i had to rank my favorite sports to watch soccer would rank just above bowling.
And oh yeah.....No Riots. :lol:

polakosaur
03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
c'mon deportivo and real madrid, they're beasts, i'm hoping for a 3-0 deportivo win next week

david aames
03-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Yes, but don't forget that in European soccer, play stops about every 15 or 20 seconds, while some pansy takes a dive as if he's been shot point blank, and writhes on the ground for another 20 seconds before getting up and walking, perfectly fine, back into action. American football players don't stay down unless they're knocked unconscious or have a knee torn up.

I find this funny. There is no such thing as 'european soccer'. EVERY single nation on earth play and watch football except the US.

Phil
03-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I find this funny. There is no such thing as 'european soccer'. EVERY single nation on earth play and watch football except the US.

Oh yeah? So what was that team doing in the quarter finals of the World Cup a couple years ago, wearing USA uniforms, then? What a dumba** comment.

When I said European Soccer, I meant that European teams/players in particular have a propensity for faking injuries in order to get a call against the opposition. Come to think of it, the Brazilians do it too, and the Koreans and Japanese are now learning to do it from watching and playing with/against Europeans.

david aames
03-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah? So what was that team doing in the quarter finals of the World Cup a couple years ago, wearing USA uniforms, then? What a dumba** comment.

I was just amused at the fact that you said 'european soccer' as if it was some kind of exotic sport that was only played on the other side of the pond...

How do you call Rugby? Non-american football?

I'm aware of the fact that the US has a TEAM but I'm afraid it doesn't say anything about football penetration in the US. There are just too many sports on TV every weekend for people to pick up on 'soccer'.

Phil
03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
How do you call Rugby? Non-american football?

Actually, I call it "rugby".

chad shaver
03-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Just admit it, Phil. You're a troll, just like me....

Personally, I wish we could get more cricket here in the US.

Phil
03-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Admitting...

But my Troll powers give me the unparalleled ability to instantly recognize Bad Trolls, and zap them from this planet. I'm a "Good Troll" (usually), just like there are good and bad witches and wizards, ala Wizard of Oz and Lord ..Rings. You believe that...r...right?

voltman
03-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Back on topic,

Let's go Gunners!

rommil
03-26-2004, 03:16 PM
I think there is something so wrong about men wearing tight and shiny pants. Go Real Madrid!!!!

Max G.
03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
C'mon Tim!!!!

:-p