PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PST, K 6.1, Head MG Radical M+, Babolat PDR

MPfromNY07
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I am an aggressive all court player who can also counter punch. I play divison 1 college tennis. Im going to be switching racquets, which one would be right for me in your opinion?

Babolat PST, K 6.1 16x20 or 18x20, Head MG Radical M+, Babolat PDR, WIlson NPRO Open, Head FXP Prestige

i8myshirt
04-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, what racket do you use right now?
It'd be best to choose a racket close to your current racket since your probably used to your racket, especially as a d1 player.

HeadPrestige
04-22-2008, 11:18 AM
someone at your level should know that the only way to find a racket is to demo. None of us know how you hit, what your strokes look like or what type of racket feel you like.

MPfromNY07
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
wow HP.... I am going off of lack of time here. I start academies soon, I asking this in order to figure WHAT racquet to demo. Currently use Head LM MP.

HeadPrestige
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Seing as you play with a head racket now.. you might want to stick with head as their grips are uniquely shaped.

I would demo the flexpoint prestige mp (over the microgels-- better rackets at a better price) or the microgel radical MP since it is the update to your racket

If you want to stray to other brands... try the AG200, pk redondo mp, rds001 mid or diablo mid.

If you are planning on doing only four.. i would take
Flexpoint Prestige MP
Microgel radical MP
Rds001 mid
Ag200

user92626
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
well, it's counterproductive to stay with similar rackets,because they'd keep you at similar level, and defeats the purpose of asking for advice.

Just look at pro's like Fed, Djo, Nadal. Do you think you can or have the potential to swing like them? (Don't mistake this with playing like them, that'd likely be out of the question, just the swing) If so, then get one of K factors or Babolat APDC. You'll be set for a while.

Bubba
04-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, what racket do you use right now?
It'd be best to choose a racket close to your current racket since your probably used to your racket, especially as a d1 player.

Read his sig.

Bubba
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
There's quite a bit of difference in the frames you list... for instance, much more power in the pure drive than the K90. How have you arrived at the 4 you list? Why switch, what are you unhappy with?

AmeliasDad
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I am an aggressive all court player who can also counter punch. I play divison 1 college tennis. Im going to be switching racquets, which one would be right for me in your opinion?

Babolat PST, K 6.1 16x20 or 18x20, Head MG Radical M+, Babolat PDR, WIlson NPRO Open, Head FXP Prestige

No offense man- but thats just a not a question that a D-1 player would be asking... you give a one sentence description of your game and expect us to know which racquet is right for you in our opinion.

My opinion is that a D-1 level coach would be able to help one of his players find a racquet that fits there game- at least any D-1 coach worth a darn. I played D-III tennis and wouldn't ask such an elementary question. Even at D-III level we had equipment reps available to us to allow us to demo any racquets we wanted...

LOL... D-I player:shock:

rabidcow
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Being a D-1 prospect I question if this guy is really a D-1 player, just my two cents.

As to the question, demo demo demo

[d]ragon
04-22-2008, 08:57 PM
regardless of whether he is a D1 or not, back to the original question.
what are some things u dont like about ur radical? describe your play style alittle more.
bottom line though is that you hav to demo

HeadPrestige
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Head, point out to me where my logic went wrong, instead of simply giving an empty insult. LOL.

Did you read my post? I already pointed out why your "logic" is false.

You say that switching to a similar racket is counter productive and that he should look at a k-factor or APDC. Since he is a d1 palyer he is probably switching because his rackets have worn over the years because of excessive play. He probably is not looking for a drastic change, just a new racket to replace his current frames.

Also, since he is already at the d1 level, changing frames is not going to dramatically change his game in any way. He isnt going to suddenly improve from a new frame-- and assuming he is a d1 player-- he is not expecting to because he is already playing at such a high level.

Finally you state that the APDC or k factor rackets are the no brainers and he should look no further. Kfactor is nothing but a name given to a "technology " in a line of rackets from wilson. You are buying into the hype that wilson created in this new line of rackets. Saying "buy a kfactor" does not make any sense because there is a VAST amount of rackets in the k-factor line. You are acting exactly how wilson wants you too-- blinded by their tech. gimmicks.

You obviously have no idea about high level tennis, so please do not post regarding the subject.

_mats_
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM

D1??? you should demo gamma's big bubba, go for it

Bubba
04-23-2008, 05:23 AM
^^^ Op, any response to my earlier post... I really think these are the questions you should be asking yourself.

solo2l8apex
04-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Seing as you play with a head racket now.. you might want to stick with head as their grips are uniquely shaped.

I would demo the flexpoint prestige mp (over the microgels-- better rackets at a better price) or the microgel radical MP since it is the update to your racket
Ag200

The head grips are quite different and you may not like how other grips feel in your hand - this is an important consideration in determining your racquet choice.

There's quite a bit of difference in the frames you list... for instance, much more power in the pure drive than the K90. How have you arrived at the 4 you list? Why switch, what are you unhappy with?

This is a great question. If you gave us a better idea of what you are looking for from a frame, we could give more educated responses instead of pulling racquets out of a hat... gee I think this one is good...

MPfromNY07
04-23-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah, HeadPrestige has helped me out. and yes, I truly am a divsion 1 player. I have no reason to lie or hide anything. If anything, I wouldnt admit i am a d1 player, because I honestly havnt had the time to look heavily into racquets, but now i do being that our season ended recently. I'm not going to say who I play for because id have shady trolls looking me up. anyway, I am going to demo the MG Prestige Mid and a few radicals. I have played with babolat pd's. I am not a fan of the cortex at all. So i will stick to Head.

HeadPrestige
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
give the flexpoint prestige a try as well. its a great racket.

MPfromNY07
04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I have actually hit with 2 flxp prestige M+ from my coach. Honestly, I loved the racquet except for the lack of depth I faced at times (being that it was a control racquet) and I never actually leaded it up to add some consistent depth. However, I am willing to look more into it, so for now I will add it to the list. I have more time now to demo b/c seasons over with no NCAA's in sight.

HeadPrestige
04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
try it strung at low tensions.. i found it plays better that way.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

bcast66
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I have actually hit with 2 flxp prestige M+ from my coach. Honestly, I loved the racquet except for the lack of depth I faced at times (being that it was a control racquet) and I never actually leaded it up to add some consistent depth. However, I am willing to look more into it, so for now I will add it to the list. I have more time now to demo b/c seasons over with no NCAA's in sight.

you should really try to get sponsored by the company you want to buy racquet's from. hopefully you can get them free if not you can get a discount which will be nice to have.