PDA

View Full Version : K-blade 93 stringing tension!

Petekbladetour1
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi. On my kblade racket the tension is 58 lbs. It says that the maximum tension is 60. Is this to close to the rackets maximum tension? And also one of my rackets made some strange noise when i played with it today.

thejuice
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
What kind of sound did it make?

satchman
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
What strings are you using? Some strings have a very horrible "ping" sound on impact (i.e. Babolat Multifilaments) and some vibrate a lot too (i.e. Luxilon).

I find a dampener helps to remove some of that sound.

Also, 58 lbs is no problem for the racquet. I mean, Sampras used to string his at like 76 or something (I know, different racquet but you know what I mean)! Don't try this though because it would void the warranty should anything happen to the racquet during stringing.

Petekbladetour1
04-23-2008, 12:01 AM
What kind of sound did it make?

it sounded something like pong.

Petekbladetour1
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
What strings are you using? Some strings have a very horrible "ping" sound on impact (i.e. Babolat Multifilaments) and some vibrate a lot too (i.e. Luxilon).

I find a dampener helps to remove some of that sound.

Also, 58 lbs is no problem for the racquet. I mean, Sampras used to string his at like 76 or something (I know, different racquet but you know what I mean)! Don't try this though because it would void the warranty should anything happen to the racquet during stringing.

I use prince synthetic gut with duraflex.