PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Wilson's grip length?!?!

martymule
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I have never played with Wilson racquets before; I've always played with Yonex and Prince. I decided to try the new kblade and I was excited to get the package from UPS today. I anxiously pulled out the racquet from the box and I was really surprised to find out just how short the Wilson grip is. I play with a two-handed forehand (weird, I know) but it felt like half of my top hand was off the grip. I compared it to me Yonex and it there was quite a difference. I packaged it right back up and sent it back; that short grip would drive me nuts! Are all Wilson racquets like that? How do all the other two-handed players play with them? Are any other manufacturers known for short grips?

shwetty[tennis]balls
04-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I have never played with Wilson racquets before; I've always played with Yonex and Prince. I decided to try the new kblade and I was excited to get the package from UPS today. I anxiously pulled out the racquet from the box and I was really surprised to find out just how short the Wilson grip is. I play with a two-handed forehand (weird, I know) but it felt like half of my top hand was off the grip. I compared it to me Yonex and it there was quite a difference. I packaged it right back up and sent it back; that short grip would drive me nuts! Are all Wilson racquets like that? How do all the other two-handed players play with them? Are any other manufacturers known for short grips?
Had you even played with yet, before you posted this thread?

quest01
04-22-2008, 03:27 PM
The grip on the K90 felt the same way when using a 2 handed backhand. I had to regrip the replacement grip near the W logo just so I can fit 2 hands on the grip. However when I use the APDC+ the grip length is perfect. I don't even have to extend the grip or overgrip.