PDA

View Full Version : Black C10 Update

Rabbit
04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
OK, so I've got some mileage under my belt with the new C10 and there is something different. I think they may have put the newer pallets on the frame. The grip is defnitely more square.

However.....I don't know that I like it. After so many years with the rectangular one, this is definitely a different feel. With a leather grip, a 4 1/2 almost feels too big, I may have gone with a 3/8. I did experience some pain in my arm, not elbow, after playing a long weekend with it. It was muscle strain. I have since rewrapped the grips with leather, but pulled tighter. They are still bigger than the old grips.

I figure I'll give it a month of two and if I'm still not comfortable, I'll pull these pallets and put some older ones on.

Those of you looking for Wilson-esque type grips may want to give the new C10 a shot. Those of you who have played Volkl but thought you may want a more square grip....be careful what you ask for... :smile: I, for one, don't know that this mousetrap is better.

edit: I mistakenly posted this under the odds and ends....I reposted here.

Pro_Tour_630
04-22-2008, 02:49 PM
IDENTICAL they are
so I guess we have to discard this post:)

seriously I also felt something different with the grip, only it was thinner :confused: smaller, my 3/8 felt like a 1/4, dunno how

Rabbit
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, you know at first, I thought they were, but after some time with them...well, there is a difference. I asked a friend of mine who also got new ones if he felt a difference and he said yes as well. He's seen enough of a difference that he's gone back to his yellowjackets.