PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Drive Switch???

LovEnPeaCe
01-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a 15 year old tennis player who started out playing with the wilson triad t4 os tennis racquet. Would it be wise to change racquets? Currently, I have the option between the t4, the head liquidmetal radical mp, or the babolat pure drive plus mp. Any suggestions? I am going to play for my high school also.

Stormwolf
01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Let us know a bit more about yourself - your level - and most importantly - your height, weight, and strength. Automatically I have to recommend the Prestige Classic 600 - the best racquet ever made (Safin, Arazi, most other Head sponsored pros use it but their racquets are painted to look like liquid metals). Of the ones you listed I would recommend the Radical MP - you should try and find yourself the Ti.Radical MP - better than the "Liquid Metal"
and can be found for a third of the price (so you can buy 3 :D). The Ti.Radical MP really is a good racquet - used by several 5.0 players that I know. Stay away from Babolat and the like...

Serve-And-Volley
01-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I am also a high school player and had the same problem. If you are at the same level as me (a 4.5) you need to try the Volkl Catapult 10, my current racquet or the Dunlop 300G. Both Racquets are fairly lightweight and headlight. Both are endorsed by many professionals( Mats Wilanders and Boris Becker use the Cat 10, and Fish, Blake and Mauresmo use the 300G) Hope I helped.

LovEnPeaCe
01-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Let us know a bit more about yourself - your level - and most importantly - your height, weight, and strength. Automatically I have to recommend the Prestige Classic 600 - the best racquet ever made (Safin, Arazi, most other Head sponsored pros use it but their racquets are painted to look like liquid metals). Of the ones you listed I would recommend the Radical MP - you should try and find yourself the Ti.Radical MP - better than the "Liquid Metal"
and can be found for a third of the price (so you can buy 3 :D). The Ti.Radical MP really is a good racquet - used by several 5.0 players that I know. Stay away from Babolat and the like...

level: i'm not so sure because I don't play in leagues and all
i am 5'6'', 130 pounds, and take full swings when hitting groundstrokes. Currently, I am working to increase my strength in all aspects and areas, upper body, lower, and torso.

Stormwolf
01-09-2005, 08:26 PM
From what you describe - the Ti.Radical would be a perfect fit. I suggest getting into leagues if you can since match practice is really the best way to improve (with lessons of course). For strings I suggest getting something cheap and stringing it tightly - to allow you to take full strings at the ball. Physical conditioning is vital to the game of tennis - endurance excersize should be your priority to make sure you can swing the racquet around for a long match. I strongly suggest staying away from oversize/powerful frames.

LovEnPeaCe
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
From what you describe - the Ti.Radical would be a perfect fit. I suggest getting into leagues if you can since match practice is really the best way to improve (with lessons of course). For strings I suggest getting something cheap and stringing it tightly - to allow you to take full strings at the ball. Physical conditioning is vital to the game of tennis - endurance excersize should be your priority to make sure you can swing the racquet around for a long match. I strongly suggest staying away from oversize/powerful frames.

thanks a lot, if there are any other racquets that you'd reccomend for me, I would gladly appreciate it. I'll try and talk to my dad about leagues because he's in one, but doesn't really care much about my tennis.

OnyxZ28
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I second any of the Radical series, a Radical Trisys 260 MP if you can get your hands on one. Best of the bunch.

david aames
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
What is wrong with you people? Recommending two out of production racquets to a 15 YO doesn't make much sense to me.

Lovenpeace, Go for the Bab, it will provide the extra help that you need at your age and level.

Power Game
01-10-2005, 01:47 PM
I'd suggest a Babolat control racquet over a drive, just to help you get stronger. String it low so you can get mucho power.

dewey4262
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd reccomend the Babolat Pure Storm. In my opinion it is a nice compromise between the Pure Drive and Pure Control. Also might want to check out the aeropro drive or control.

LovEnPeaCe
01-10-2005, 03:57 PM
What is wrong with you people? Recommending two out of production racquets to a 15 YO doesn't make much sense to me.

Lovenpeace, Go for the Bab, it will provide the extra help that you need at your age and level.

Actually, I've tried a babolat pure drive plus, and that has strayed me away from the babolat series. The pd+ offers little control and too much power, sending volleys high and requiring much topspin on strokes. Sure, out of production racquets are hard to find, but I want to play tennis the right way with good technique, notjust power. It would be nice if I can be directed to a place selling these racquets for a lower price. I currently reside in Florida.

moosryan
01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
knock yourself out;

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=35772

PurePrestige
01-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I'd recommend a Radical of any sort, they are a solid choice for any high school player because they run the median in power and weight so they are a good in between racquet from your triad to your "players racquet". The radical is easy to swing, easy to generate spin, very comfortable. But there is an all around racquet that can be used well by just about anyone from each brand.
Head - Radical...Dunlop - 300g...Babolat - Pure Drive...Wilson - Surge...Prince - TT Rebel...
Any are solid choices if you aren't planning to demo racquets prior to buying one and will allow you to develop your technique rather than bad habits.
(Though the pure drives are very very powerful I agree)

LovEnPeaCe
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna go with the head lm radical (i can't find anything else that is in mid) and keep the prestige in my views for the future if I ever need to try something new.