PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 red??

CaveMan
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Anything I should know about them? Saw these for sale on line. Never really played prince, but seems like a lot of people like the O series. I know nothing nor any specifics about this racquet, any help would be appreciated. Here are pics. PLease provide comments. Guy is asking 100 a piece, tell me what you think.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/BPaith0913/p.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/BPaith0913/p2.jpg

counter_puncher
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
100 each? na
depending on how you play...
o3 red has almost no control and way to much power.
to be avoided
and other rackets are around the price (even brand new)
e.g. liquidmetal radical so i would say no.
Also o3 series are quite bad for serious players imo.

CaveMan
04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
100 each? na
to be avoided

Okay, your response did cause me to forget the o3s, BUT, while browsing craigslist I found an offer I could refuse.

I bought (pick up tomorrow at 2!!!!!!!) Babolat Puredrive

counter_puncher
04-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Okay, your response did cause me to forget the o3s, BUT, while browsing craigslist I found an offer I could refuse.

I bought (pick up tomorrow at 2!!!!!!!) Babolat Puredrive

good for you. no o3 red.

however i will question your choice of a Puredrive cos IMO it SUCKS.
haha, well cos it has too much power, but if you are interested in the o3 red you may as well get puredrive as it is a downgrade in power.

Ljubicic for number1
04-23-2008, 02:30 AM
100 each? na
to be avoided

o3 series racquets are bad for serious players huh, Somebody better tell Davydenko to stop using one he might climb another 3 spots, somebody better let Maria, Jelena, Daniela, and the Bryan Brothers etc, know that their sticks suck.:twisted:

ARNICOLINI
04-23-2008, 05:28 AM
o3 series racquets are bad for serious players huh, Somebody better tell Davydenko to stop using one he might climb another 3 spots, somebody better let Maria, Jelena, Daniela, and the Bryan Brothers etc, know that their sticks suck.:twisted:

You are right. imagine what those players could do if they were actually serious!!

bluegrasser
04-23-2008, 05:40 AM
O3 Red has the biggest sweetspot I ever hit with, good pop and I found more control than with the PD I'm hitting with now. it is a power stick though..

dave108
04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I actually liked the O3 red alot - and almost bought one after demoing for a week or so. Didn't think I would like it as previously used a prestige MP and now a K-95. But, O3 red was very surprising. Sure, had a little more power, but I found control excellent. Easy to generate huge racquet head speed, and as a result racquet was pretty comfortable against even the hardest hitters. Serves took a little getting used to. Don't think there was too much mass to help with cracking hard serves. But, spin serves were excellent. I'd definitely recommend it, or at least an extended demo.

Rasta
04-23-2008, 09:05 AM
O3 rackets do well with Poly strings. The O-ports seem to soften the strings up a bit probably because they allow a little flex in the strings. I don't like the O series with synthetic gut.

el sergento
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I liked the Reds too, didn't have my sticks on holiday and that's what they rented at the club. Very forgiving and a nice soft feel to them and quite maneuverable to boot. People need to stop with the whole "players" racquet schtick. Specs are virtually meaningless, it comes down to personal preferences.

100 is steep, unless they are new in which case it's a decent deal.

ARNICOLINI
04-23-2008, 11:56 AM
People need to stop with the whole "players" racquet schtick. Specs are virtually meaningless, it comes down to personal preferences.

But we are all players here. :) Seriously if had the time and did not want to travel the world I would be on tour.

ok maybe not.

I 100% agree with the personal preference however I am finding that to elevate my game I am moving more toward a players stick. I am certainly not speaking for everyone, just me. I played with the Speedport red and just loved how it felt but it was too much power for me to control, and when I put a low powered poly in it to control my shots it removed everything I liked about the feel. It has taken me a little while to get back used to a heavier racket but now that I have, I would not go back to the lighter more powerful rackets.

JohnnyRingo
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure why someone would say that the O3 Red is not a decent racquet, and has no control? It sure worked wonders for Jelena Jankovic!

I used to play with the O3 Red, and although it doesn't have as good as control as the O3 Tour with my game (my current racquets)--its a good all around racquet.

I'd say in my experience that the O3 Red is far more arm friendly than the Pure Drive (which I have also played with), with comparable power and control.

But to each his own...

Fedace
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
^^Yes i agree, Jankovic hits harder than any 4.5-5.0 rated guys i know. and she can control the racket so it must have some control. and if you are not sure, just look at the TW' review, they gave it high marks.

Fedace
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
What i want to know is OZone tech so much better than O3 tech??

Babb
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
It's not. Just newer racquets so Prince can make more money. And it's debatable, but some say the Speedports are the same. Except in my case, the SP Blue is heavier than the O3 Blue...

JohnnyRingo
04-23-2008, 04:57 PM

I'd like to know as well. I'm quite happy with my O3 Tours (even with my previous O3 Red's). I've read some of the comments from folks on here that have switched to the Ozone Pro Tour, and it gets rave reviews. I need to demo one, just to see for my own benefit.

I'm fairly certain that it may have some very minor changes/improvements, but that its more or less a new paint job, and an excuse to charge full price for a "new racquet".

You can pick up some really good deals on the O3 Tour now, which in my opinion is a fantastic racquet.

The O3 technology is an acquired taste, and takes some adjustment, coming from the head heavy world...but for me, I can't imagine going back to a racquet without it.

1337Kira
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM

I'd like to know what exactly OZone is.
o_O