PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Puredrive

CaveMan
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, i'm sure some of you saw my post about the Prince O3 red. Well, I decided against that for reasons posted in the thread, but while browsing the site I do, I ran into a deal I couldn't pass up. Made the phone call, and tomrrow i'm picking up a.......

Babolat Puredrive!!!! I have the plus version that my dad uses all the time, and i'm so excited to get the 100sqin version. Now, this racquet is not strung, so what would you suggest? PHT? I want to try a low 50's tension with it. Also shocked it had the 4.5 grip that I use. Also, Its in mint condition (seen picts) and comes with the bag and I payed an unbelievable price of $15.00

good deal eh?

user92626
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
$15 for a babolat? I'd buy at least ... 5 at that price!

CaveMan
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
no kidding, had a Liquid Metal 8 for $25 dollars. If someone wants that, I could buy/ship. Don't know condition

user92626
04-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Are you sure it's not fake? Is it new? Got a pix of it?

Double Fault
04-23-2008, 04:48 AM
Please post pictures if able.

goober
04-23-2008, 07:51 AM
$15 for a mint condition PD? Something smells fishy like its a fake. The seller could easily get in the $100-150 range for a new PD without even trying very hard.

JRstriker12
04-23-2008, 07:55 AM
If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Man - I really hope you are just joking.

Can't see anyone selling a "mint condition" PD+ for less than $100. Think about it - if a PD+ retails for $200-$185 - how is anyone going to sell off a new one for $15?

Even a demo would probably bring in about $50.

CaveMan
04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
okay, some updates!!

First, I read mint condition on the head racquet rather than the PD. So.....

Its an older PD, non-cortex, which is not something i'm afraid of. He said the bumper guard fell off awhile back and the student continued to play without replacing it. He eventually chipped some paint (not sure if its big deal) but he said overall the frame is fine.

Secondly, he also has the Hammer 95, he said in great condition for $20.

The guy is an instructor at a local club here, i've bought fmo him before, and they are certainly legit and i always check that.

CaveMan
04-23-2008, 11:37 AM
so as long as there is no frame damage, i'll probably buy the PD even to repaint it.

and for the Hammer 95, i don't see where I can go wrong there. Pick them both up tomorrow at 530!

goober
04-23-2008, 11:44 AM
okay, some updates!!

First, I read mint condition on the head racquet rather than the PD. So.....

Its an older PD, non-cortex, which is not something i'm afraid of. He said the bumper guard fell off awhile back and the student continued to play without replacing it. He eventually chipped some paint (not sure if its big deal) but he said overall the frame is fine.

Hmm I would check out the racquet carefully for any cracks in the frame and also condition of the grommets. I am not sure how a bumperguard can fall off by itself. Most likely somebody deliberately took it off. If there is a crack in the frame, even a hairline one, I wouldn't buy it.