PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams dominate again this year?

Mr Mario
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Flash back to the result at miami and charleston, and saw her solid performances againts 5 top players (Henin, sharapova, jankovic, kuznetsova,etc), I'm very certain that Serena would dominate again this year, and I think She could win grand slams this year (Wimbledon and us open imo).....

Do you agree guys???

PascalMariaFan
04-23-2008, 01:15 AM
of course.

Nuke
04-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Yes.......

Gimmick
04-23-2008, 04:32 AM
No doubt about it. Maybe even take all four......

Wuornos
04-23-2008, 05:36 AM
I know I'm flying in the face of evryone else who has posted, but given serena's past reliability and inconsistencies, I feel these assesments are a little premature.

I can think of a handfull of players who have more chance of producing a consistently high standard in preference to Serena. Of course you all may be right, I'm just saying at this stage I would want better than even money to put money on that as a prediction.

Regards

Tim

Wuornos
04-23-2008, 05:37 AM

All four what?

Regards

Tim

Vision84
04-23-2008, 05:56 AM
How will she get all 4 slams?

bluetrain4
04-23-2008, 05:56 AM
Serena, as always, could be dominant, and take home at least 2 of the 3 remaining Slams, and a couple of Tier 1 tourneys as well. But, you just never now if she is going to be healthy and focused, or if she's even going to show up. If she's "on" there's really no one that can consistently beat her. I would normally say that Henin would be the one person, but her form hasn't been so great, though I imagine she'll get it together sooner rather than later.

thalivest
04-23-2008, 07:44 AM
If she's "on" there's really no one that can consistently beat her. I would normally say that Henin would be the one person, but her form hasn't been so great, though I imagine she'll get it together sooner rather than later.

Regarding Henin people say that about Federer too but it just isnt happening right now for either.

James
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Serena talked about going undefeated for the whole year back in 2003. Soon after Henin beat her at Charleston and then at RG - and this was when Serena was a much better mover and Justine wasn't as good a player.

Nothing is ever certain, especially with Serena, and her wins in Charleston weren't all pretty or indications of high form.