PDA

View Full Version : Microgel Radical

auburn24tigers
04-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I am deciding between a Microgel Radical Midplus and a Microgel Radical Pro. I personally am leaning toward the Pro version, but I am concerned about the 11.7 ounce weight of the pro compared to the 11 ounce weight of midplus. I have not demoed the rackets but I am wondering if somebody out there has and knows if the weight between the two is too noticable. Also, please include why you prefer that racket over the other.

bluegrasser
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Two different sticks - read the TW review of both sticks, they have it right IMHO.

Macdaddy1129
04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I have been considering the radical pro recently as well although I havent demoed it, the specs seem to match up with everything i like. But I have demoed the radical. For me, I use a babolat aeropro drive cortex. Which weighs 11.3 oz. The radical, i beleive, is 11.0 strung. When I tried the microgel radical i wasnt very impressed. The best way that i could describe it's feel is like a flyswatter. Because it is headlight and also very light, it just felt extremely light. I'm definetly still looking at the radical pro though. What racquet are you currently using?

eulerentinc
04-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I use the midplus. I like it but i was looking for a lighter players frame. I dont think you'll notice a huge difference in weight but i would definetly demo them. I think you will notice a difference in flex and swing weight. JMO.

auburn24tigers
04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
TO: Macdaddy1129
I am using the Flexpoint Radical MP but am looking for something with more pop

auburn24tigers
04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
ok thanks eulerentinc