PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Head I Prestige MP and I Radical MP?

djones
01-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Does the Head I Prestige play very different than the I Radical?
I own a pair of I Radicals MP, but I would like to customize 'm to be more similar to the I Prestige.
I think I should add some weight to the Radical and that should do it, because I can't make the racquet 1 point more flexible to be the same as the Prestige.
Besides that: are there any other things I could do to make it play more like the I Prestige?
Is this possible or are they just too different from each other?

uk_skippy
01-10-2005, 04:59 AM
djones

the i.rad plays stiffer and more powerful than the i.pres, the i.pres is therefore more flexible and controlable. It you were to add lead you'd have to be careful where you put it. If you put it in the wrong place then you'd make the i.rad even more powerful. By putting it at your i.rad's balance point you'd make it heavier and so nearer to the weight of the standard i.pres. Leading it up would also affect the swingweight.

Basically I you want a rqt that plays like the i.pres you'll have to get them

Paul

BLiND
01-10-2005, 05:17 AM
yes what skippy says

carTW
01-10-2005, 09:32 AM
To me the i.Prestige MP feels a whole lot heavier than the i.Radical MP (and it is, it is 1 ounce heavier). I bought an i.Prestige MP to replace my i.Radical OS because I wanted a smaller head and a little more mass and I cannot get used to that bulky stick. I compared it to a friend's i.Radical MP that is weighted in the Head (looks like he has about 8 grams total at the 3 & 9 O'clcok) and the weighted i.Radical was a much "sweeter" racquet. A little more powerful yes (although not so much more), but just as stable as the i.Prestige MP thanks to the weight.
Now if you want my i.Prestige MP you're welcome to it. It is almost new and just $60 shipped in the US