PDA

View Full Version : Getting racquets matched

EricW
04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Over the last few months I've been slowly retiring my racquets 1 at a time. I used to play with 3 k90s, now I can't bare to play with anything but 1 of them. I desperately need to get 3-4 new k90s matched to be identical to the 1 I like so much. Where can I get this done and how much does it usually cost per racquet? Thanks.

doublefault2008
04-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Weight/balance you can do yourself. You just need lead tape, a scale, and balance board.

EricW
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I need them identical, and I don't happen to own a RDC.

Agent Orynge
04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm sure TW can do it for you. Give them a call at 1-800-8-TENNIS, I believe you can ship them your racquet and they'll do all the work for you.

Nitro
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
While there are certainly things you cannot do at home, you really don't need an RDC to match racquets. The balance and weight aspects of the RDC are manual anyway, so its no different from doing it on a board with a scale. The only thing you can't do that is important is swingweight, but to be honest, I don't think you really need to worry too much about swingweight.

hawaiirgv
04-24-2008, 04:00 PM
it depends on how much your willing to spend to get frames that are an exact match. RPNY tennis (**********.com) will customize your frames to be identical. they will even customize grip pallets etc but it is pricey. up to 190.00 per frame to customize. Dont know if you want to spend that much but they do a great job

wao
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
it depends on how much your willing to spend to get frames that are an exact match. RPNY tennis (**********.com) will customize your frames to be identical. they will even customize grip pallets etc but it is pricey. up to 190.00 per frame to customize. Dont know if you want to spend that much but they do a great job
I agree RPNY can do it. TW has the capability to match not sure on the customization.