PDA

View Full Version : Q + Q = 2Qs

PileDrive
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
i have two questions

1. what is considered a high racket stiffness and what is considered a low racket stiffness

2. what is the best string tension for a power/aggressive player

the wise wizard
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
usually high racquet stiffnes is about 67+ IMO, low stiffness is usually
63 or below,
as for tension there is no magic bullet its all personal preferance,
but i would try low, about 50-55 pounds

jazar
04-24-2008, 04:49 AM
i consider anything above 68 to be very stiff, 64-68 stiff, 60-64 firm and anything below 60 to be flexible.

with regards to string tension, it depends on whether you have the power and want more control, in which case you would go for a higher tension, or whether you want more power, in which case you would go for a lower tension

fuzz nation
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM
What frame are you hitting with these days?

There's honestly no single answer to the tension question because the combination of strings and frames matched up to your game (along with the feel that you prefer) creates a whole bunch of variables. One frame I still knock around with demands a thin synthetic gut strung up at a few pounds above its max rec'd tension while another runs best for me with a multifiber that is strung down either at or below the racquet's rec'd minimum.

You can usually get the liveliness of a stringbed more under control when you go higher in tension with the same string, but if your frame's power is already moderated by a good deal of flex, tighter strings can just choke the life out of it.